P5B Deluxe/Wifi-AP (Sry Another one)

PorkyTheClown

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I have a core 2 duo, 1 GB of G. Skill Ram pc-6400 (1 stick), and a P5B Deluxe. I was using a beta bios for a while and everything was fine with Windows x64. Then, I updated my Bios to 0405 and now my PC will turn on and my PC just stays there with no display and it is now a leaf blower. I was wondering if there is a way to revert to a previous BIOS or something of the like. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx

AODBOB

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Have you tried clearing the BIOS?

Other than that I cannot think of anything since it worked fine before and only started to screw up after the BIOS update. I'm not sure what else you can do if it doesn't POST. You might want to give asus a call or something.

If by chance you DO get it to POST somehow you can try flashing it to the new 0507 BIOS and maybe that would help. If you want to revert to the BIOS the motherboard came with you can get the BIOS from the support CD, but again you need to be able to POST...

Sorry for the little-to-no help :(

carol_s

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I've just had this happen to me when upgrading from 0507 to 0614. Dis you ever resolve the issue and get it working??? I'll be glad of some help.

Things I've tried so far

1. Reset the RTC RAM
2. Booting with a known good BIOS (0507) on a USB Flash Drive and later with the BIOS (0614) on the Flash Drive
3. Booting with the Asus CD in the DVD drive.

No joy wahtsoever so far.

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Ugh, if resetting the CMOS doesn't help you have a problem.

Before you upgrade your BIOS, you should reset to defaults beforehand.

The Asus BIOS recovery works for me. Just make sure you unplug the computer and leave it off for a minute or two. Sometimes it takes two or three reboots before it kicks in, but I think it is more a matter of discharging capacitors and I am just impatient.

But resetting the CMOS should always work - just make sure you disconnect the power. Put the cap on the other two pins like the manual says and leave it there for a minute with power off...