Windows Boot Problem

After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 and removing some spyware on my
computer, I restarted my computer. The boot went as normal all the way to
the blue screen where the Windows logo reveals your username where you can
type the password or log onto Windows. The problem was that only the Windows
logo popped up. I could not click on my username to log into Windows. It
will not start in Safe Mode or Last Good Mode. I also have tried to use the
Windows Recovery file on the Microsoft website. That would not start up the
restore file using that. What else can I do? I cannot loose my hard drive
information so I can't reformat or just recover my original system.

I'm no expert on any of this, but I think sp2 makes an uninstall file that
can save you.
I'd boot from a cd, find the file, and see what happens.
Al

!Allen Lasting wrote:
> I'm no expert on any of this, but I think sp2 makes an uninstall file that
> can save you.
> I'd boot from a cd, find the file, and see what happens.
> Al

Gosh, I hope so, but what Louisa has described is exactly
what I have been fighting for the past six months, and right here
in this newsgroup. On that light blue Windows logo screen, if
it comes up there and does *not* also have "Loading
your personal settings" there, nobody has yet shown me a way
to boot past that point.

Al is right, all the information, all the programs and
the Windows system and your applications, are there on
the hard drive.

I hope somebody shows you how to get past that point...
good luck, and I'll be watching.

--
William B. Lurie

My sons computer had that problem after installing service pack 2. After
reading this thread, I started the computer in SAFE MODE (by pushing on F8
while the computer was restarting) and ran ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE just to make
sure it wasn't a virus. Then went to SETTINGS/REMOVE PROGRAMS and
uninstalled Service Pack 2. The computer then started up correctly.

Thanks for all your help!

"William B. Lurie" wrote:

> !Allen Lasting wrote:
> > I'm no expert on any of this, but I think sp2 makes an uninstall file that
> > can save you.
> > I'd boot from a cd, find the file, and see what happens.
> > Al
> >

> Gosh, I hope so, but what Louisa has described is exactly
> what I have been fighting for the past six months, and right here
> in this newsgroup. On that light blue Windows logo screen, if
> it comes up there and does *not* also have "Loading
> your personal settings" there, nobody has yet shown me a way
> to boot past that point.
>
> Al is right, all the information, all the programs and
> the Windows system and your applications, are there on
> the hard drive.
>
> I hope somebody shows you how to get past that point...
> good luck, and I'll be watching.
>
> --
> William B. Lurie

TRENDING THREADS