i just got all my new pc parts:

e6600
p5n32 sli deluxe se
2gb ocz ddr2 800
ocz 700watt psu
fatality x-fi fps
7950gx2

problem:

it started up the first time and everything was good. 10 minutes later, after i was fiddling with boot order n stuff in the bios, my screen filled with like messed up looking question marks.. so i rebooted, and my splash screen looks all ****** up, when i load up windows installation, i can see what modules are loading n stuff but the rest of the screen that's unused is covered with a bunch of unused character.. everythings disoriented now. i decided to go to sleep and let it cool off, hoping that that would work, but it hasn't it's just as bad as before...

my question is, would this be my 7950gx2 and why would this just start 10 minutes after everything is up and running?

i reseated the video card and am using the blue pci x vid slot like the motherboard manual suggested.. i'm at my wits end here, i'm hoping i don't have to rma **** and wait another week.

thanks for the help

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I've had this problem too except mine was a bunch of smiley faces that would go on forever on a blank screen shortwhile after booted. My best guess is that its either your HDD(something f***ed up) or something might be up with your motherboard. its a very strange problem if none of that works, Use your warranty and ship everything back requesting new ones saying that something is deflective. I know its kind of a hard task but that will for sure take care of any problems.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Really weird. I would like to reanimate this thread. I've never seen anything like this either. Guys, anyone seen anything like this? I think many would like to know what's up with that.