IIS server question

Paul

Splendid

"windows 2000 service pack 4 and just updated windows. Have IIS 5.00
installed"
This is paul again I need some help seem to have a problem and I think it
might be because my hard drive has NTFS.
I got windows 2000 and IIS 5. server installed on my computer and used the
NTFS file system..

To try to correct the problem.
I shared my wwroot folder as a webshare and set so everyone is allowed to
browse my defauld web site. using the administrator tools and then selectiing
Internet information services
and then selecting my default web site I set it or did a new task to allow
web browsing to explain this better used the IIS 5.0 permissions Wizard and
selected new security from a template and left the default values when I
finished with the steps there. Still no affect. It still ask for name and
password when I try to go to my default web site by using http://myIPaddress
I did not set it or make it so that when you go to default web site. It ask
you for a name and password. and says You are not authorized to view this
page
credentials you supplied.
I want the permission set so that it will not ask for a name and password
so that anyone who tries to get to my default web site will be able to look
and browse my web site.

It must be something simple I missed somewhere. "Please help"

Go to the IIS snap-in (in computer management,)
open the web site properties there and make sure
the site allows anonymous access (the directory
security tab.) Everyone-read is the normal NTFS
permission ACL for a web-shared folder and
you can check that with a properties...security tab
on the root web folder and default home page file.

If you still can not connect, repost to the IIS group;
this is not a DNS problem and they can help you
better there.

Best wishes

Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
Ergodic Systems, Inc.