What's the best 1gb compact flash?

December 31, 2004 12:32:47 PM

Hi,
I've an Asus MyPal 620BT and now I'd like to buy a 1gb Compact flash memory.
Could you suggest my the best one for my ppc?
These are some CFlash that I've found on the web, what do u think about?
- Sandisk Compact Flash Ultra II 1gb (write speed: 9mb/sec - read
speed:10mb)
- Kingston Compact Flash Elite Pro1024 mb (write speed: 8mb/sec - read
speed:10mb)
- Waitec Compact Flash 1gb (transfer rate 2.8 mb sec) 127 euro

Thanks

Maurix

More about : 1gb compact flash

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 1:54:35 PM

Kingmax Secure Digital 1024 MB 60X
60 speed, 9 MB/s is very fast!

Maybe you cal also look at the Dane-Elec SD 1024 XS card.

Regards,

P.van Bakkum
PDAOnline
http://www.PDAOnline.nl

"dicodico" <dicredico@libero.it> schreef in bericht
news:o 1YV3Mx7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I've an Asus MyPal 620BT and now I'd like to buy a 1gb Compact flash
> memory.
> Could you suggest my the best one for my ppc?
> These are some CFlash that I've found on the web, what do u think about?
> - Sandisk Compact Flash Ultra II 1gb (write speed: 9mb/sec - read
> speed:10mb)
> - Kingston Compact Flash Elite Pro1024 mb (write speed: 8mb/sec - read
> speed:10mb)
> - Waitec Compact Flash 1gb (transfer rate 2.8 mb sec) 127 euro
>
> Thanks
>
> Maurix

December 31, 2004 2:28:16 PM

In the end a few ms makes very little differance since any programs
are read from the card loaded into RAM and run.

www.PDAOnline.nl wrote:
> Kingmax Secure Digital 1024 MB 60X
> 60 speed, 9 MB/s is very fast!
>
> Maybe you cal also look at the Dane-Elec SD 1024 XS card.
>
> Regards,
>
> P.van Bakkum
> PDAOnline
> http://www.PDAOnline.nl
>

> "dicodico" <dicredico@libero.it> schreef in bericht
> news:o 1YV3Mx7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> I've an Asus MyPal 620BT and now I'd like to buy a 1gb Compact flash
>> memory.
>> Could you suggest my the best one for my ppc?
>> These are some CFlash that I've found on the web, what do u think
>> about? - Sandisk Compact Flash Ultra II 1gb (write speed: 9mb/sec -
>> read speed:10mb)
>> - Kingston Compact Flash Elite Pro1024 mb (write speed: 8mb/sec -
>> read speed:10mb)
>> - Waitec Compact Flash 1gb (transfer rate 2.8 mb sec) 127 euro
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Maurix
December 31, 2004 2:50:50 PM

I just got a Sandisk Compact Flash Ultra II 1Gb on e-bay in the UK. it
writes very fast when used in a card reader connected to one of my USB 2
ports. I can transfer a CD to the card from the PC (40 Mb) in under a
minute.

No problems with it in my Ipaq 2210 but so far I've only used it to play
ripped CD tracks in Windows media player.

Peter

"dicodico" <dicredico@libero.it> wrote in message
news:o 1YV3Mx7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I've an Asus MyPal 620BT and now I'd like to buy a 1gb Compact flash
> memory.
> Could you suggest my the best one for my ppc?
> These are some CFlash that I've found on the web, what do u think about?
> - Sandisk Compact Flash Ultra II 1gb (write speed: 9mb/sec - read
> speed:10mb)
> - Kingston Compact Flash Elite Pro1024 mb (write speed: 8mb/sec - read
> speed:10mb)
> - Waitec Compact Flash 1gb (transfer rate 2.8 mb sec) 127 euro
>
> Thanks
>
> Maurix

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 10:11:42 AM

I had a Dane Elec card (CF not the SD) that didn't work in my machine.

"www.PDAOnline.nl" <info@pdaonline.nl> wrote in message
| Kingmax Secure Digital 1024 MB 60X
| 60 speed, 9 MB/s is very fast!
|
| Maybe you cal also look at the Dane-Elec SD 1024 XS card.
|
| Regards,
|
| P.van Bakkum
| PDAOnline
| http://www.PDAOnline.nl
|

| "dicodico" <dicredico@libero.it> schreef in bericht
| news:o 1YV3Mx7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| > Hi,
| > I've an Asus MyPal 620BT and now I'd like to buy a 1gb Compact
flash
| > memory.
| > Could you suggest my the best one for my ppc?
| > These are some CFlash that I've found on the web, what do u think
about?
| > - Sandisk Compact Flash Ultra II 1gb (write speed: 9mb/sec - read
| > speed:10mb)
| > - Kingston Compact Flash Elite Pro1024 mb (write speed: 8mb/sec -
read
| > speed:10mb)
| > - Waitec Compact Flash 1gb (transfer rate 2.8 mb sec) 127 euro
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Maurix

March 4, 2010 4:15:14 PM

ok soo...what's the difference between high quality RAM memory ( Kingston , for example) and ordinary ram ( say, Kingmax/ Corsair) i just want to know so i can better decide what to buy for my PC. thanks in advance
!