Help Please: Speed Attribute is Zero!

Hi all..
I have the boots of blinding speed and a belt, both which increase speed..so in theory my speed should be 250 and over..
However since contracting..and curing corprus disease i noticed my speed started decreasing..
A few days and nights later..from 250 it's now 91 and falling rapidly! Took the boots off to see the effect and now it's down to zero..

Any help on how i can restore ..and keep the attribute at its original >250 value would be appreciated..

Thanks IA..

Hmm....you should be able to use a restore attribute (restore speed) to
get your speed back up to "normal". This can be done at temple shrines
of the Almsivi and at alters. Do you have a drain marker (little red
box in the lower right hand screen) of some kind active.

I have only had the game mess up attributes once (when I mysteriously
got a permanent feather effect, even though no feather was active).

> I have the boots of blinding speed and a belt, both which increase
speed..so in theory my speed should be 250 and over..
> However since contracting..and curing corprus disease i noticed my speed
started decreasing..
> A few days and nights later..from 250 it's now 91 and falling rapidly!
Took the boots off to see the effect and now it's down to zero..

> Any help on how i can restore ..and keep the attribute at its original
>250 value would be appreciated..

You've probably been fighting Bone Lords. They have an attack which
temporarily drains your speed. However, when you're wearing an item with
Fortify Speed, such as BoBS, there's a bug (I'd classify it as a bug,
anyhow) which prevents your speed from going back to normal after the curse
wears off. You seem to have run into another bug as well, in that using
Fortify Speed items, it's possible for Drain Speed attacks to lower your
base speed to BELOW zero. (I never let myself get hit with Drain Speed that
many times without restoring it soon after. I'm guessing you've been
getting hit ALOT by these guys...)You need to remove the boots (and the belt
in your case) and use enough Restore Speed spells/potions to get yourself
back up to your original value.

On 3 Feb 2005 16:59:46 -0800, "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Hmm....you should be able to use a restore attribute (restore speed) to
>get your speed back up to "normal". This can be done at temple shrines
>of the Almsivi and at alters. Do you have a drain marker (little red
>box in the lower right hand screen) of some kind active.

If that fails, remove the Boots of Blinding Speed and/or any other
speed boosting item, then open up the console IF you have a PC and
type:

player->setspeed 50

>I have only had the game mess up attributes once (when I mysteriously
>got a permanent feather effect, even though no feather was active).

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

TRENDING THREADS