W2K DNS Debug or the 7062 error...

In article 235689, (
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;235689 ), Microsoft
state that to spot one of the possible cause of the 7062 error, "you must
perform a debugging operation on the DNS server" and it show an output
sample...

Now, this is clearly not the output of the logging option available in the
DNS server applet... Any idea how to activate this? I am sick and tired of
those event 7062 and I would like to get rid of them...

Daniel Bourque

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that you are looking for information on how to active/enable
the debug logging for Windows 2000 DNS server.

Please visit the following link:

Managing DNS Server Configuration and Security
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/securi
ty/19w2kadc.mspx

Navigate to 'Logging DNS Activity' section of the article. It provides step
by step information on how to enable debugging logging for DNS server.

For troubleshooting event 7062, please provide us more details like the
exact error message, description of DNS setup. Please mention if there are
any child domains.

I hope the above information helps to resolve your issue. If there is
anything unclear, please feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a
nice day!

Rashmi

--------------------
| From: "Daniel Bourque" <daniel.bourque@loto-quebec.com>
| Subject: W2K DNS Debug or the 7062 error...
| Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:39:34 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns
|
| In article 235689, (
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;235689 ),
Microsoft
| state that to spot one of the possible cause of the 7062 error, "you must
| perform a debugging operation on the DNS server" and it show an output
| sample...
|
| Now, this is clearly not the output of the logging option available in the
| DNS server applet... Any idea how to activate this? I am sick and tired
of
| those event 7062 and I would like to get rid of them...
|

| Daniel Bourque

Thank you for your reply but I know how to activate the logging option...
This is the first thing I tried. I am talking about the debugging option as
refered in article 235689. Look at the sample, it's clearly not something
out of the logging function.

I have tried all the other possibilities for 7062 but this article open a
new possibility (we have 1100 domains registered but only about 300 defined
on our DNS servers).