DNS Problem - IP Change

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Hi All,

I had 2 DCs which were part of an existing domain and were given IPs
10.140.16.39 & 40 - they have now moved to a new subnet and the static IPs
have changed to 192.168.231.2 & 3 respectively.

This was a totally bad idea and now seems to be a little messed up on the
DNS servers... I have tried dcpromo'ing in and out of the domain on one of
them which has seemed to work ok on one server but the other one errors with
a dsa object could not be found as it may not exist anymore...

An example of the problem this is that DHCP 'auth servers' still remembers
the old IPs. I'm concerned that clients may also try to look for the 'old
IPs of the servers'.

I have removed all the records of the OLD ip's that previously did exist.

Thanks,
Prits.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

try netdiag /fix
hth

Domi

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Or restart netlogon. That'll also register the appropriate records
providing you've not disabled the DHCP client service (the DHCP client does
the registering, even on non-DHCP clients).

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net