Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

arrow keys stopped working

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 8:15:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
up , down, or sidways keys work..

THANKS,

RM
October 19, 2004 8:15:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Well, duh, did you try a different keyboard?

"Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
news:euK8XhhtEHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
> making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
> up , down, or sidways keys work..
>
> THANKS,
>
> RM
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 9:56:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Jerry wrote:
> Well, duh, did you try a different keyboard?
>
> "Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
> news:euK8XhhtEHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>>What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
>>making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
>>up , down, or sidways keys work..
>>
>>THANKS,
>>
>>RM
>
>
>

Well, no, it's built into the laptop and I have only USB ports
and my other keyboard is a PS2 ...
Related resources
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 9:56:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Jerry wrote:
> Well, duh, did you try a different keyboard?
>
> "Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
> news:euK8XhhtEHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>>What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
>>making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
>>up , down, or sidways keys work..
>>
>>THANKS,
>>
>>RM
>
>
>
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 10:18:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Check you computer's documentation for functions to active number
pad/keypad "lock". Most notebook computers I've seen have a special
shift key that is used with the function keys to activate and deactivate
these features. The computer might have an onscreen support/help feature
instead of a printed manual.

Rick Merrill wrote:

> What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
> making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
> up , down, or sidways keys work..
>
> THANKS,
>
> RM
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 2:13:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

RobertVA wrote:

> Check you computer's documentation for functions to active number
> pad/keypad "lock". Most notebook computers I've seen have a special
> shift key that is used with the function keys to activate and deactivate
> these features. The computer might have an onscreen support/help feature
> instead of a printed manual.
>
> Rick Merrill wrote:
>
>> What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
>> making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
>> up , down, or sidways keys work..
>>
>> THANKS,
>>
>> RM
>
>
this i s a test x space works; What about the INS key? maybe i got
into INS mode accidently? xxx ctrl/arrow works! shift/arrow works!
z
October 20, 2004 2:14:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

They do make USB keyboards.

"Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
news:ujANxpktEHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> RobertVA wrote:
>
>> Check you computer's documentation for functions to active number
>> pad/keypad "lock". Most notebook computers I've seen have a special shift
>> key that is used with the function keys to activate and deactivate these
>> features. The computer might have an onscreen support/help feature
>> instead of a printed manual.
>>
>> Rick Merrill wrote:
>>
>>> What the ?? my arrow keys h ave stopped working,
>>> making it hard to correct typos I notice! Neither
>>> up , down, or sidways keys work..
>>>
>>> THANKS,
>>>
>>> RM
>>
>>
> this i s a test x space works; What about the INS key? maybe i got
> into INS mode accidently? xxx ctrl/arrow works! shift/arrow works!
> z
November 11, 2009 4:00:01 AM

I think my problem's like yours. My right arrow key and Insert key beeeeeeps when I press it, and it's not detected. so they are both not working. I've tried many threads, this one is the most helpful. But it still can't work.
If there's no solution, is there a way I can assign the right arrow function to another key?
!