How to manually configure the RAM settings?

flan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2004
I'm a new builder and I recently put together a new PC with a p5b mobo and OCZ ram. Unfortuanlty whenever I try to boot up with the OCZ ram I just get a black screen. When I put in cheap ram it works fine. I heard that you could manually configure the RAM settings for the OCZ to get them to work by underclocking it. Can someone explain to me how to do this or point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.

Prozac is right, you don't need to underclock the OCZ, just raise the ram voltage and it should work fine.... It should be between 1.9 and 2.2 depending on what set you have, but I can't say which one for sure until you tell us (preferably with a link) what set you've actually got there.

hcforde

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
There are reports of some OCZ sticks having problems with the core 2 duo boards. Some of the Tech guys at FRY'S was telling me about it.

mpjesse

Splendid
*stuck in the year 1998*

you can manually configure timings using dip switches and jumpers on the motherboard. consult your black and white motherboard manual and read the instructions in badly written english.