Need help with the Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T case

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
*this is my first build*

No instructions came with it and the website explains where the plugs go from the front and thats it. I need to install a hard drive and a dvd-RW. Can anyone assist me in getting the front bays open. It has a mesh on the front and they look like they are seperate for each of the 5 bays and a metal wall that looks like theyre partioned in 5 seperate plates behind it (kind of like the plates in the back where the pci cards are. Those are easy because a screw hold them in each.

Anyone familiar with this case?

I havent recieved my items yet but I was curious, while the side panel is open on my case, there are no tracks or anything except holes on the side where the motherboard goes. Does the motherboard come with tracks or something it sits on or does it get screwed into the wall as is?

Please see the review on aerocools website if you scroll down towards the bottom.

Thank you.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
The mesh should just pop out, stick a flat head screwdriver in between the cover and the body of the case and leverage it out.

This case does not have a removable motherboard tray so use the brass standoffs that will come with the motherboard and attach them where required on the case (just put the motherboard in the case and see where the holes line up).

Tom's did a review of this case recently along with others. If you look at the lower picture, it appears you need to open/remove the front cover to get access to the drive bay panels. Most cases come with standoffs and other necessary hardware to mount the mobo and drives.

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
Email them at

support@aerocool.us

and politely ask if they have the manual for their case in PDF format, or can perhaps send you one in the post?

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Thanx guys! I got the front panel open. I saw the review on tomshardware. i gave it a little more oomph and it snapped out. I was looking for the review, thanx for the link.