Is slow access as DNS issue?

I maintain some websites using a laptop computer. When at the office, I
plug the laptop into the network. When away from the office, I access (and
maintain) the websites via an internet connection.

I have noticed that when I access the website from outside of the network,
the pages load quickly, but when I access the website from inside the
network, it takes much longer for the pages to load.

I recall reading somewhere that this might be a DNS issue, but the article
did not explain what it was or how to fix it.

Is it a DNS issue? Can someone point me to KB or something that might help
me resolve the "slow access from within the network" problem?

Thanks, RAB

In news:e0a8pfiuEHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
qaz <ngnews@uslex.net> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> I maintain some websites using a laptop computer. When
> at the office, I plug the laptop into the network. When
> away from the office, I access (and maintain) the
> websites via an internet connection.
>
> I have noticed that when I access the website from
> outside of the network, the pages load quickly, but when
> I access the website from inside the network, it takes
> much longer for the pages to load.

What web site and where is the web site located?

> I recall reading somewhere that this might be a DNS
> issue, but the article did not explain what it was or how
> to fix it.
>
> Is it a DNS issue? Can someone point me to KB or
> something that might help me resolve the "slow access
> from within the network" problem?

You asking us to make an assumption based on no information about the
network the website or location of the website. What are you using to
maintain the website?

Is this an Active Directory domain? If it is are you using the internal DNS
only?

300202 - HOW TO: Configure DNS for Internet Access in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300202&FR=1

825036 - Best practices for DNS client settings in Windows 2000 Server and
in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825036

--
Best regards,