DNS configuration

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I am noticing a very slow network access response. While connecting through
network neighborhood, a netowork share, and also while opening through Word
the connection is very slow. So I want to first verify my current
configuration.

Current server configuration

SERVER 1, SERVER 2, SERVER 3 >all configured the same 2003 standard edition
AD/ DHCP/DNS/WINS. The servers were installed in order 1, 2, 3.

Server 1 and 2 reside at site 1. Server 3 is located in another office and
connected to site 1 through VPN.

Server1
DNS settings>interface points to itself, Forwarders point to local ISP
TCP/IP DNS preferred points to itself, alternate points to server 2
WINS points to itself

Server 2
DNS settings>interface points to itself, Forwarders point to local ISP
TCP/IP DNS preferred points to itself, alternate points to server 2
WINS points to itself

Server 3
DNS settings>interface points to itself, Forwarders point to local ISP and
server 1
TCP/IP DNS preferred points to itself
WINS points to itself

The replication process is taking place but I want to verify that server 2,
and 3 are replicating from server 1 (if this makes a difference).

See 291382 Frequently Asked Questions About Windows 2000 DNS and Windows Server
http://kb/article.asp?id=Q291382

Gary

'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com>
'--'Subject: DNS configuration
'--'Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:03:07 -0700
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.