NS Record

Suppose I have two domains

Domain A (NT) Domain B (2000)

I have some intranet servers on Domain A that won't get resolved via
public DNS. If I add an NS record for Domain A then will that allow
name resolution to for those intranet servers.

Example: Client in Domain B queries
domainA_IntranetServers.DomainA.com. Will the NS record on Domain B's
DNS server send queries to that name server?

What I'm probably going to do is to create a secondary zone in domain
B that will hold Domain A's records but this NS idea was something
that some co-workers were throwing around.

I know you can use NS records to delegate authority to a sub domain
but can it be used for name resolution to another domain without going
through the normal query process (local cache, preferred DNS server,
….)

Thanks
Mike

In news:d24805f.0410292226.d8ea715@posting.google.com,
Mike Kline <mkline718@yahoo.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Suppose I have two domains
>
> Domain A (NT) Domain B (2000)
>
> I have some intranet servers on Domain A that won't get
> resolved via public DNS. If I add an NS record for
> Domain A then will that allow name resolution to for
> those intranet servers.
>
> Example: Client in Domain B queries
> domainA_IntranetServers.DomainA.com. Will the NS record
> on Domain B's DNS server send queries to that name server?
>
> What I'm probably going to do is to create a secondary
> zone in domain B that will hold Domain A's records but
> this NS idea was something that some co-workers were
> throwing around.
>
> I know you can use NS records to delegate authority to a
> sub domain but can it be used for name resolution to
> another domain without going through the normal query
> process (local cache, preferred DNS server, ..)

That would be like a stub zone, which Win2k3 does and Win2k does not
support.
So, no it won't work, you will have to use a secondary.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]