No "Great" Core2 MB's yet?

dubious

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
From reading the reviews it doesnt seem like there is a board without any issues yet..

Are many other of yous waiting for more options?

I myself am looking for a board to do live sound rechording, video editing and OCing, not into SLI. Are there reviews that take noise level into consideration?

I dont want to pay a high price for a entry level board, even if core 2 is great.

After buying the dp965lt (little options/support) for my boss ive become catious over my own build.

Seems core 2 is future proof, but what about the boards, or am i putting to much importance on it?

Granite3

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
The Asus P5W deluxe has gotten GREAT reviews, it is a 975 board, but right now those have been deemed more mature than the 965 boards out now.

I bought the Asus P5B deluxe for $70 less for my e6600 build, and expect the bios revisions to grow the board past the 400 limit into the same levels the 975 series will hit now.

The above boards are easy on the OCer, and difficult to fry from that angle. The intel boards are rock solid at stock speeds, much less forgiving while OCing, and do not recover near as easily from going one step over the line!

dubious

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
so whats the advantage of 965 over 975?
the p5b / deluxe is in my price range but gets bad reviews about the sound
the ausus 975 one is way to much though :\