save 50 bucks and get a pentium d 945??

on a tight budget should i save 50 bucks and get a 945 instead of a e6300....i heard the 945 really overclocks...any suggestion???
12 answers Last reply
More about save bucks pentium
  1. Either get the 805D, 915D, or splurge and get the E6300.

805D: Hottest, slowest, cheapest. Expect 3.7+ on *good* air cooling. Not really any reason you should consider this one unless you are on a super budget.
    915D: Cooler than the 805D and clocks even better. More expensive, but cheaper than the 945D. Expect 4.4+ on air.

The 915 should clock as well as the 945, since they're both Preslers.

E6300: It would rape the Pentium Ds in everything, except cost.
  2. nice setup. are you doing overclocking on it?
  3. those D945's are missing VT (virtualization technology). what does that mean for normal users? would it be better getting the 915 which has VT :?:
    in regards to which one to get, id go with the 6300. but depends on what your budget permits. IMO
  4. Quote:
    I will, once I get my mobo and RAM. Which have been delayed, AGAIN. OMFG. I hate to see all my new juicy hardware just sit there. :cry:

how much did your setup cost?

i like your setup,kindly update on your overclocking performance.

thanks
  5. Quote:
    those D945's are missing VT (virtualization technology). what does that mean for normal users? would it be better getting the 915 which has VT :?:
    in regards to which one to get, id go with the 6300. but depends on what your budget permits. IMO

as far as i know, 915 does not have VT. VT is used for servers only. it enables your processor to have a vertual multi platform feature.
  6. Quote:
    Yea, the E6300 costs more, but it's worth it.

Yuo. I agree on that. Especially when your electric bills starts coming. :)
  7. well iam a 13 year old kid so i dont have much money i dont want to go over 800 dollars so iam goin to go with everyhing i got now except iam goin to get a gigabyte d3, probably the e6300, the evga 7900gt ko wit 512mb, and ddr2 677 2gb.
  8. think thats a good enough rig for moderate gamiing?
  9. Quote:
    think thats a good enough rig for moderate gamiing?
    That will be a very good gaming machine....Not top-notch, but very nice, but i don't think you'll make the $800 budget. The only other option is to get everything except the E6300, and throw in a budget chip...such as the 805D, 915, or even an el cheapo Celeron. Just to tide you over until you can get the Allendale/Conroe CPU that you want. Then you can flog the temperary chip to help cover your loses. GL :)
  10. would everything minus the e6300 and add the 915 be a good gamin rig?
  11. If you overclocked the 915, yes.
  12. and dude i checked and everything met the budget on newegg.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium