I just built a new Conroe system consisting of these parts:

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6400 CONROE
MOBO: ASUS P5B (VANILLA)
MEMORY: OCZ PLATINUM 2GB(2X1GB) PC2 6400 800MHZ
VID CARD: EVGA GEFORCE 7900GT
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR 3.0GB/S 250GB
PSU: THERMALTAKE 430W
OPTICAL: LITE-ON 16X DVD-RW LIGHTSCRIBE

When I turn on the power, I can see all fans are running and I can also hear the HDD running but nothing was showing on the monitor so I tried the minimal setup consistting of cpu, vid card, hdd and 1 stick of RAM but still no progress.
I've also heard from many sources that the ASUS P5B(Vanillla) has hard time detecting OCZ rams, so my newbed out conclusion is that it's the rams that doesn't fit with this system.
Can anyone please help me with this problem? All suggestion, advises, and comments will be greatly appreciated.

PS. Monitor was hooked up via analog to dvi adapter (monitor has no dvi connection and vid card has no analog connection)

prince_vegeta

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
ill have a go.
if youv heard probs regarding that ram and your mobo, you should try some slow cheap ddr2 ram, (as it could be a voltage problem). see if you can get it to boot with that.
otherwise make sure your video card is seated properly.

AODBOB

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Good ole standard suggestions:

- Find a friend/neighbor with some other DDR2 ram and testing that.
- See if you have a spare PCI video card laying around (even an 8MB will work)
- Check the rest of the forums (there have been 3-4 other threads describing your problem, read them extensively and see if there are any suggestions you can pull from the thread)

Final note: Is your BIOS recent enough to support the E6400? If not then you will need to flash it. I've heard of some people getting luck and able to POST w/o flashing it first but this could also be your problem.

Please respond with your BIOS version. You need 0211+ for it to be E6xxx compatible.

TRENDING THREADS