DNS Error 4004

Hi Friends,

After some modest changes in DNS Security [Windows 2000 Server] (if I
am not mistaken, i had selected the Full control and the Delete object
child in the securit) since then I am unable to see the DNS server
properties and also when i start the DNS i get error messages as stated
below:

Access is denied:

the local Administrators and System Operators group have sufficient
permissions. In addition, if the DNS Server is running on a Domain
Controller, then members of the Enterprise Administrators, Domain
Administrators, and DNS Administrators group have sufficient
permissions.

To retry the connection, either press F5 on the action menu, click
refresh.

I tried uninstalling and installing the DNS services, even tried
deleting the DNS cache, creating a new user and checking if the
services of DNS Server are starting automatically.

When i right click the DNS server, properties, i get only one tab i.e.
monitoring and the rest of the tabs like (Interfaces, Forwarders,
Advanced, Root Hints, Logging) are missing.

Our main oracle database is running on this windows 2000 server.

--
Franwil99

Hi

Is this the only DC/DNS Server in the environment?

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team