Can't find my address bar

October 19, 2004 11:39:01 PM

Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click on my
task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address bar
saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check my
address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should be,,,except
I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back up on
the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped. Any
and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

More about : find address bar

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 3:16:36 AM

Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
area and add a check mark on address bar

"Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click on
> my
> task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
> bar
> saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
> my
> address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
> be,,,except
> I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back up
> on
> the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
> Any
> and all help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 4:20:42 AM

Look at your toolbar, that's located on the top of your screen. Do you see
a faint set of dots that act as a separator? They go straight up, not left
to right. If you are unsure of my meaning, hold your mouse over to the left
and hover it over the back (<) button, then, slowly slide to the right. As
soon as you see the pointer change into a double sided arrow <-->, that's
where your separator bar is. Now, click and hold while you drag that
line...try both directions, and see if your address bar becomes visible.

"Road Runner" <beepbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o y7KxMltEHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
> taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
> area and add a check mark on address bar
>

> "Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click
on
> > my
> > task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
> > bar
> > saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
> > my
> > address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
> > be,,,except
> > I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back
up
> > on
> > the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
> > Any
> > and all help is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

October 21, 2004 12:09:07 AM

Thanks,,,,but I've tried that and it doesn't work either. I've tried
everything and nothing seems to work. I work at Comcast and the HSI techs
there have told me pretty much the same solutions that I've read in this
newsgroup and none of the solutions work. I'm wondering if I uninstall IE and
reinstall it, if that might solve the problem.
"lvee" wrote:

> Look at your toolbar, that's located on the top of your screen. Do you see
> a faint set of dots that act as a separator? They go straight up, not left
> to right. If you are unsure of my meaning, hold your mouse over to the left
> and hover it over the back (<) button, then, slowly slide to the right. As
> soon as you see the pointer change into a double sided arrow <-->, that's
> where your separator bar is. Now, click and hold while you drag that
> line...try both directions, and see if your address bar becomes visible.
>
> "Road Runner" <beepbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o y7KxMltEHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
> > taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
> > area and add a check mark on address bar
> >

> > "Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click
> on
> > > my
> > > task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
> > > bar
> > > saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
> > > my
> > > address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
> > > be,,,except
> > > I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back
> up
> > > on
> > > the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
> > > Any
> > > and all help is appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 12:11:04 AM

Thanks,,,but I've tried that and it doesn't solve the problem,,,back to the
drawing board ~~

!