Can't find my address bar

Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click on my
task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address bar
saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check my
address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should be,,,except
I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back up on
the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped. Any
and all help is appreciated.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about find address

    Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
    taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
    area and add a check mark on address bar

    "Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click on
    > my
    > task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
    > bar
    > saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
    > my
    > address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
    > be,,,except
    > I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back up
    > on
    > the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
    > Any
    > and all help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Look at your toolbar, that's located on the top of your screen. Do you see
    a faint set of dots that act as a separator? They go straight up, not left
    to right. If you are unsure of my meaning, hold your mouse over to the left
    and hover it over the back (<) button, then, slowly slide to the right. As
    soon as you see the pointer change into a double sided arrow <-->, that's
    where your separator bar is. Now, click and hold while you drag that
    line...try both directions, and see if your address bar becomes visible.

    "Road Runner" <beepbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
    > taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
    > area and add a check mark on address bar
    >

    > "Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click
    on
    > > my
    > > task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
    > > bar
    > > saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
    > > my
    > > address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
    > > be,,,except
    > > I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back
    up
    > > on
    > > the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
    > > Any
    > > and all help is appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Thanks,,,,but I've tried that and it doesn't work either. I've tried
    everything and nothing seems to work. I work at Comcast and the HSI techs
    there have told me pretty much the same solutions that I've read in this
    newsgroup and none of the solutions work. I'm wondering if I uninstall IE and
    reinstall it, if that might solve the problem.
    "lvee" wrote:

    > Look at your toolbar, that's located on the top of your screen. Do you see
    > a faint set of dots that act as a separator? They go straight up, not left
    > to right. If you are unsure of my meaning, hold your mouse over to the left
    > and hover it over the back (<) button, then, slowly slide to the right. As
    > soon as you see the pointer change into a double sided arrow <-->, that's
    > where your separator bar is. Now, click and hold while you drag that
    > line...try both directions, and see if your address bar becomes visible.
    >
    > "Road Runner" <beepbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
    > > taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
    > > area and add a check mark on address bar
    > >

    > > "Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click
    > on
    > > > my
    > > > task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
    > > > bar
    > > > saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
    > > > my
    > > > address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
    > > > be,,,except
    > > > I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back
    > up
    > > > on
    > > > the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
    > > > Any
    > > > and all help is appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks

    Thanks,,,but I've tried that and it doesn't solve the problem,,,back to the
    drawing board ~~

    "Road Runner" wrote:

    > Hey there ... Have you try right clicking on the toolbars ??? not that
    > taskbar but the toolbars , its in the area where your address would appear
    > area and add a check mark on address bar
    >

    > "Tennladyj" <Tennladyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Around the last of June,,my address bar disappeared. When I right click on
    > > my
    > > task bar, at the bottom of my screen,,,the check is beside the address
    > > bar
    > > saying that it is visible. But it isn't. When I click on view and check
    > > my
    > > address bar at the top of the screen, everything is how it should
    > > be,,,except
    > > I don't have a address bar. I've tried everything and can't get it back up
    > > on
    > > the screen. I'm very computer savy, but this has me completely stumped.
    > > Any
    > > and all help is appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks

Browsers Microsoft Windows XP