Setting Up Reverse DNS

Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am running and
Exchange 2003 Server within my network. I am having difficulties with some
email addresses as they are requiring reverse DNS records. However, I am
unclear as to how exactly to do this. I have two DNS servers on the network,
but am not sure how to properly configure the PTR. Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about setting reverse

    In news:697B702C-0C36-477A-AB17-372FEEC3E0B8@microsoft.com,
    kmcnet <kmcnet@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am
    > running and Exchange 2003 Server within my network. I am
    > having difficulties with some email addresses as they are
    > requiring reverse DNS records. However, I am unclear as
    > to how exactly to do this. I have two DNS servers on the
    > network, but am not sure how to properly configure the
    > PTR. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Unless your ISP has delegated the reverse lookup to your DNS servers, it
    won't do you any good to create a reverse lookup or PTR for your public IP
    address.
    You will need to contact your ISP about creating the PTR records for your IP
    or delegating the reverse lookup to your DNS server.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Thanks Kevin. Is this becoming a typical situation for mail hosting?

    In news:0F2063FA-21FD-4EE9-87DA-615642FDF83E@microsoft.com,
    kmcnet <kmcnet@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
    > Thanks Kevin. Is this becoming a typical situation for mail hosting?

    More and more these days to help to somewhat combat spam.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    A lifetime commitment for a pig.
    --

Exchange 2003 Microsoft DNS Servers Windows