Event ID 3000

I am getting some Event ID 3000s on my internal DNS (AD integrated) servers:

"The DNS server has encountered numerous run-time events. To determine the
initial cause of these run-time events, examine the DNS server event log
entries that precede this event. To prevent the DNS server from filling the
event log too quickly, subsequent events with Event IDs higher than 3000
will be suppressed until events are no longer being generated at a high
rate."

I have saved the old logs before I cleared them, but would like to see what
the current issues are that are causing the Event 3000s.

How can I see what the current alerts are if they are being suppressed!

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Williamson wrote:
> I am getting some Event ID 3000s on my internal DNS (AD integrated) servers:
>
> "The DNS server has encountered numerous run-time events. To determine the
> initial cause of these run-time events, examine the DNS server event log
> entries that precede this event. To prevent the DNS server from filling the
> event log too quickly, subsequent events with Event IDs higher than 3000
> will be suppressed until events are no longer being generated at a high
> rate."
>
> I have saved the old logs before I cleared them, but would like to see what
> the current issues are that are causing the Event 3000s.
>
> How can I see what the current alerts are if they are being suppressed!
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

go to Event Log Tab in server Properties and increase the log level to
"All Events".

"K_R" wrote:

> Bob Williamson wrote:
> > I am getting some Event ID 3000s on my internal DNS (AD integrated) servers:
> >
> > "The DNS server has encountered numerous run-time events. To determine the
> > initial cause of these run-time events, examine the DNS server event log
> > entries that precede this event. To prevent the DNS server from filling the
> > event log too quickly, subsequent events with Event IDs higher than 3000
> > will be suppressed until events are no longer being generated at a high
> > rate."
> >
> > I have saved the old logs before I cleared them, but would like to see what
> > the current issues are that are causing the Event 3000s.
> >
> > How can I see what the current alerts are if they are being suppressed!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob
> >

> go to Event Log Tab in server Properties and increase the log level to
> "All Events".

Could someone explain what is meant by "Server Properties" ?
Is that My Computer properties on the server or the properties on the DNS
Server in mmc ?
Either way I can;t find a way to increse log levels.

thnaks

TRENDING THREADS