can i overclock with a d915gav

edzz111

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
hey i have a pentium 4 presscott 506 2.66ghz and its on an intel d915gav mothaboard.i was wondering is there any way a could overclock it.thanks.

poornaprakash

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
Intel D915GAV can be overclocked using setfsb (setfsbU15a4_IG-80) program. Using this program I overclocked an outstanding 672Mhz!!!!
ie: from 2800 MHz to 3472mhz. and the system is ROCK stable simply because of Intel Orginal Motherboard.

In order to get this overclock follow these strange steps:

First download the above mentioned Utility from http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/ and locate the Clock Generator IDT CV115(-2PV) section (the pll chip of this board) and download the corresponding utility.

Secondly after downloading go to the BIOS and downclock the RAM
from 400Mhz to 333mhz (CPU:FSB ratio) then adjust the RAM timings to 2.5-4-3-8 if U use the default one lots of Program error occur
this is the tightest trimming U can set. if any change on this trimming error occur.

Then thirdly ACTION
open the utility
First set the pci express bus speed to 114.6 mhz which is the maximum stable speed.

Only after first setting the PCI EXPRESS bus speed that U can overclock to a High FSB speed. Without first overclocking PCI-E bus U can only overclock just 217 mhz ( on my motherboard) I don’t no why I had to overclock the PCI-E bus speed first??
After setting the PCI-E bus i increased the fsb to a massive 248 MHz
(Effective 992Mhz!!!! on an INTEL board !!!!)

Do keep in mind that the CPU temperature raises sharply after this
So I had install an additional Fan to compensate the extra heat.
If users having poor cooling cabinets this Overclocking is dangerious.
HAPPY INTEL OVERCLOCKING.......

G

I have un Intel processor P.4 - 3,4 Ghz and D925XECV2 motheboard. Used SetFSB with Clock Generator IDT CV115(-2PV), but, after restart, OC is panding. Why ? Rules just in windows?
Thank You, and sorry for bad language.

cameronedward

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

where do i find the pci-e setting?