Two domains connect by modem?

I have two Windows 2000 Advanced Servers, one server located at the head
office and the other one is on a remote location. Both have their own domain,
landmark.edp and landmark2.edp, both have AD installed. Both servers also
were installed with SQL 2k Enterprise Edition. I'm trying to update the both
database using replication of SQL, i have successfully connected to the
remote location using dial-up connection from the head office(which is modem
dial-ups is my only way to connect), but i can't register the remote server
to my head office server using Windows Authentication. How can i authenticate
registration of my remote server?
Is it possible, by demoting the remote server's dc to child domain of the
head office server?

Thanks.
Richard Parco

In news:C7595661-6927-443B-ABC7-DC4C935930A1@microsoft.com,
Richard Parco <Richard Parco@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> I have two Windows 2000 Advanced Servers, one server
> located at the head office and the other one is on a
> remote location. Both have their own domain, landmark.edp
> and landmark2.edp, both have AD installed. Both servers
> also were installed with SQL 2k Enterprise Edition. I'm
> trying to update the both database using replication of
> SQL, i have successfully connected to the remote location
> using dial-up connection from the head office(which is
> modem dial-ups is my only way to connect), but i can't
> register the remote server to my head office server using
> Windows Authentication. How can i authenticate
> registration of my remote server?
> Is it possible, by demoting the remote server's dc to
> child domain of the head office server?

I don't this is a DNS question, but I assume these two domains are in
different forests, in which case you'll need to set up trust between the
domains. If you set up the remote domain as a child, which inheritly creates
a trust, you'll need a full time link between the domains for Active
Directory replication. I'd leave them in different forests in your case so
no replication has to take place across a dial up link.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]