Ram : 2x1 gb patriot pc2-5300 667mhz low latency dual channel
case : Coolermaster centurion
psu : 550 watt
mouse : g7
keyboard : basis logitech
speakers : creative
Monitor : viewsonic 2ms 19 ''

is it good? it performs really good no problems
maybe i go sli soon what do you think is good card to go with.??
And the ram ??
heat of cpu is 43 degrees ? good?

it makes pretty much noise.... is it the cpu ?? what do you think is good cooler
and what future upgrades you suggest.??

More about : am2 build 1700

August 17, 2006 10:19:35 AM

Forgot 320 gb seagate HD !!!!
August 17, 2006 10:30:09 AM

what psu do you have , if its generic its proably that, if not it could be the cpu fan
Related resources
August 17, 2006 1:09:53 PM

could someone rate this setup plz
August 17, 2006 2:22:56 PM

Quote:
Processor: Am2 x2 4600+
Mobo : asus m2n sli deluxe
Videocard : evga 7900gt ko
Ram : 2x1 gb patriot pc2-5300 667mhz low latency dual channel
case : Coolermaster centurion
psu : 550 watt
mouse : g7
keyboard : basis logitech
speakers : creative
Monitor : viewsonic 2ms 19 ''

is it good? it performs really good no problems
maybe i go sli soon what do you think is good card to go with.??
And the ram ??
heat of cpu is 43 degrees ? good?

it makes pretty much noise.... is it the cpu ?? what do you think is good cooler
and what future upgrades you suggest.??

What kind of power supply is it, is the temp of that cpu on celsius or Farenheit? Full load, or underload? Gotta give us more, kid.
August 17, 2006 2:37:13 PM

i see the tempratures in bios im not sure if that is fulload or underload

cpu tempratures 43 celcius
m/b temp 43 celcius
Cpu fanspeed 5487

not Alien BUT ATHENA eps - 12v 550 watt psu
And also do you think its a good setup. i dont know if this noise is normal
its quite alot. like the fan is going al out , i think its the psu since the sound is coming from the right uppercorner where the psu is installed.

the fan that you can see behind my case where all the wires are and the power switch is. isnt spinning.?... but hot air is coming out of it..??
any ideas?...
August 17, 2006 2:44:31 PM

Processor: Am2 x2 4600+ = good
Mobo : asus m2n sli deluxe = good
Videocard : evga 7900gt ko = very nice!
Ram : 2x1 gb patriot pc2-5300 667mhz low latency dual channel = would have gone for higher speed but good for the money
case : Coolermaster centurion = nice case
psu : 550 watt = ? maybe good or bad
mouse : g7 = nice!
keyboard : basis logitech = does the job
speakers : creative = which ones? most are good
Monitor : viewsonic 2ms 19 '' = fast enough, so should work well

i go sli soon what do you think is good card to go with.?? don't save up for next gen cards

heat of cpu is 43 degrees ? good? yeah thats ok

overall 9/10 well done would give you higher but there are some things that need clearing up.
August 17, 2006 3:28:26 PM

If your building a new PC today why not build around a core2 duo? Its faster and cheaper...
August 17, 2006 3:57:20 PM

rather wait for amd's 65nm counter
August 17, 2006 4:19:49 PM

Quote:
If your building a new PC today why not build around a core2 duo? Its faster and cheaper...

Its not cheaper. Secondly the mobos suck and Intel is forcing people to buy their inferior chipsets by releasing conroes before Nvidia chipsets are available.
The ram you bought is no good, you need DDR2-800 with Cas4 or less to get full performance from your X2.
Your best bet is to get a cheap dual core X2 and upgrade to native quad core early next year. Intels quad cores coming out late this year will NOT be native quad core, they will simply be 2 conroes on 1 die.
and that is why you get a Core 2 Duo, you don't need the best ram out their to get it to perform, you don't even need ddr2 800!
Nvidia will be out soon, so there goes you second reason,
Who wants to wait a year for AMD quad, and AM3
August 17, 2006 4:29:34 PM

i thought id go for ddr2 667 mhz because of lower latencys wich is just right for performance. But would you suggest replacing my current ram in the future ?> or upgrading to 4gb? ? ??? with other brand??? 2xpatriot 2x corsair?

and i could overclock my ram. i read a few reviews saying it was easily overclockable..
August 17, 2006 5:16:28 PM

Quote:
2gb is plenty, 4 is a wast, IMO of course, others will say different.
I recommend OCZ cause I have had good luck with them, but corsair, crucial, kingston, mushkin, all the major brands are good.
I always look for the lowest latency/best timings for the money and then consider the brand second. If its not a brand Im familiar with, I generally stay away. Use what you have for now, and when the cas3 DDR2-800 gets cheap, then switch up, I wouldnt worry about it now. :lol: 

I support your opinions on AMD just to let you know. :wink:

One thing though. I don't think OCZ is the best RAM for that board, as i've heard about lots of problems with AM2 boards and ocz Ram. 2gigs is lots right now, and with 4gigs the speed si slowed so stick with 2. :wink:

Also to OP, consider a 4200 and overclcoking it slightly, or maybe consider an EE version of either processor. :wink:

OH, and if ElMoISeViL or whatever comes on here telling you AMD is crap tell him to **** off. :wink:
August 17, 2006 5:19:50 PM

I second the OCZ platinum DDR2-800. There's an article here on Tom's that explains how you need the 800 so you aren't bottlenecking your cpu's. For the price difference (of $14 I think someone said) you probably should've gone DDR2-800 but oh well.

It's a solid build otherwise, just too bad you didn't post before you got it and you could've had better ram. The temp seems a little high though, I'd check to make sure that fan you said that wasn't spinning is plugged into the PSU properly.. unless you're talking about the fan built into your PSU, in which case that's a problem you gotta address asap :) 
August 17, 2006 5:36:51 PM

Quote:
I second the OCZ platinum DDR2-800. There's an article here on Tom's that explains how you need the 800 so you aren't bottlenecking your cpu's. For the price difference (of $14 I think someone said) you probably should've gone DDR2-800 but oh well.

It's a solid build otherwise, just too bad you didn't post before you got it and you could've had better ram. The temp seems a little high though, I'd check to make sure that fan you said that wasn't spinning is plugged into the PSU properly.. unless you're talking about the fan built into your PSU, in which case that's a problem you gotta address asap :) 

yes there seems to be 2 fans built into the psu, one on the inside wich if i open the case i can see spinning. and one on the outside next to the power plug and switch that one doesnt spin...?
August 17, 2006 6:11:08 PM

Can't go wrong with that mobo, i've used it alot and never had a problem.
!