What will AMD have released by January/ Vista release ????

Tripper3k

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Does anyone know what AMD will have achieved by January 2007 ?? Will they have released 4x core? OR are Intel the best bet for the forseeable future?

Am keen to build a new top line PC but keep waiting and waiting for things to settle down. Always use AMD/ ATI but am coming to terms with the fact that may have to switch allegiances!

Also deciding whether to wait for Vista and DX10, but will that then mean a long wait for DX10 graphics cards?

This is doing my head in so wanted a question rant! 8O

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
With prices now where there unstable. I would wait a month or so. I was looking for conroe 6600 or 6700 but the prices very so much and the choice of motherboards are limited so far.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Can you make it another 6 monts wihout upgrading? In 6 monts DX 10 cards will start to come out but they will be scarce and the prices prohibitive. So by then you should probably need to wait some more :). Waiting and wainting isn't going to get you far, there will always be something to wait for.

So the thing is if you want to upgrade chose the best upgrade path posible.

I for exaple I will make an upgrade to AM2 3800+ this autumn and upgrade the vid card next year. Why AM2 and not conroe? well this is kind of personal preferance and based on future product anouncements I like ideea of beeing able to upgrade to K8L more than having 10-20% extra perf but probably ending up with a useles mother board from an C2D upgrade path.

There is one thing that could make me chose C2D over an 3800+ when I will upgrade and that is the not finding any K8L ready boards.

TRENDING THREADS