Asus 6800GT with Accelero X1 - Caution

gaussian

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2004
A little bit of information for the forum,

I was installing the arctic cooling Accelero X1 cooler on my Asus V9999GT 6800GT graphics card last night. After little problem attaching it I went to plug the power in and the connector was the wrong size (very small 3 wire not the standard size)

I'm in the process of rewiring it to run off the motherboard or use the little connector but wanted to let people know of this problem. It is documented on the AC website and rewiring is given as the solution.

Oh and the freeze pro I ordered wont fit on the board I have, looks like an upgrade frenzy I think :D

gaussian

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2004
Just an update if anyone cares.

The card got fried! Must of touched the ram or something as when it boots it gets to the POST and stops. The screen is all spectrum loading like and my poor PC is buggered!

First time something like this has happened to me, I hope its the last.

Be careful out there

/slopes off to grumble in the corner

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
A little bit of information for the forum,

I was installing the arctic cooling Accelero X1 cooler on my Asus V9999GT 6800GT graphics card last night. After little problem attaching it I went to plug the power in and the connector was the wrong size (very small 3 wire not the standard size)

I'm in the process of rewiring it to run off the motherboard or use the little connector but wanted to let people know of this problem. It is documented on the AC website and rewiring is given as the solution.

Oh and the freeze pro I ordered wont fit on the board I have, looks like an upgrade frenzy I think :D

I didn't think the Accelero 1 was desgined for the 6800.