THREE TEXT MSG QUESTIONS...

Last response: in Network Providers
November 5, 2004 6:12:01 PM

I have 3 questions:
1) Is there a ph num I can dial from home ph to text msg someone using
Cingular?
2) Is there a way to email from my computer a text msg to someone on
Cingular?
3) Is there a way to txt msg a (Cingular) cell phone from a computer web
browser?

More about : text msg questions

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 11:57:30 PM

In <2v252nF2h7pd0U1@uni-berlin.de> on Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:12:01 -0500, "John F"
<Blondjohn7@hotmale.com> wrote:

>I have 3 questions:
>1) Is there a ph num I can dial from home ph to text msg someone using
>Cingular?

No.

>2) Is there a way to email from my computer a text msg to someone on
>Cingular?
>3) Is there a way to txt msg a (Cingular) cell phone from a computer web
>browser?

Yes to the last two. See the Cingular website.

November 6, 2004 3:16:18 PM

"John F" <Blondjohn7@hotmale.com> wrote
> I have 3 questions:
> 1) Is there a ph num I can dial from home ph to text msg someone using
> Cingular?

There used to be an 800-number. Alternatively you could dial the
user's voicemail access number and leave a page.

> 2) Is there a way to email from my computer a text msg to someone on
> Cingular?
> 3) Is there a way to txt msg a (Cingular) cell phone from a computer web
> browser?

See: http://www.cingular.com/media/text_messaging_faqs

tg.
November 7, 2004 12:24:38 AM

In article <60c41fe3.0411061216.795e16@posting.google.com>,
glaabtom@netscape.net says...
> "John F" <Blondjohn7@hotmale.com> wrote
> > I have 3 questions:
> > 1) Is there a ph num I can dial from home ph to text msg someone using
> > Cingular?
>
> There used to be an 800-number. Alternatively you could dial the
> user's voicemail access number and leave a page.

There still is (800-856-6122) for a ***NUMERIC PAGE*** but he said
"text msg". To send something other than a numeric page would require a
live operator (like the old SkyPage system), voice-to-text software
support, or at least a menu of choices--none of which that number
offers.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

"Jud Hardcastle" <l5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.removethis.com> wrote in
message news:MPG.1bf6fc9127a6268d9897fc@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net...
> In article <60c41fe3.0411061216.795e16@posting.google.com>,
> glaabtom@netscape.net says...
> > "John F" <Blondjohn7@hotmale.com> wrote
> > > I have 3 questions:
> > > 1) Is there a ph num I can dial from home ph to text msg someone using
> > > Cingular?
> >
> > There used to be an 800-number. Alternatively you could dial the
> > user's voicemail access number and leave a page.
> >
> There still is (800-856-6122) for a ***NUMERIC PAGE*** but he said
> "text msg". To send something other than a numeric page would require a
> live operator (like the old SkyPage system), voice-to-text software
> support, or at least a menu of choices--none of which that number
> offers.
> --
> Jud
> Dallas TX USA

Actually Jud, yes, I guess that would be what I wanted for phone -a page.
Would that send it (and be billed as) as a text message?
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 4:54:56 PM

In article <2v5adeF2ho6enU1@uni-berlin.de>, Blondjohn7@hotmale.com
says...
> "Jud Hardcastle" <l5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.removethis.com> wrote in
> message news:MPG.1bf6fc9127a6268d9897fc@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net...
> > In article <60c41fe3.0411061216.795e16@posting.google.com>,
> > glaabtom@netscape.net says...
> > > "John F" <Blondjohn7@hotmale.com> wrote
> > >
> > > There used to be an 800-number. Alternatively you could dial the
> > > user's voicemail access number and leave a page.
> > >
> > There still is (800-856-6122) for a ***NUMERIC PAGE*** but he said
> > "text msg". To send something other than a numeric page would require a
> > live operator (like the old SkyPage system), voice-to-text software
> > support, or at least a menu of choices--none of which that number
> > offers.
> > --
> > Jud
> > Dallas TX USA
>
> Actually Jud, yes, I guess that would be what I wanted for phone -a page.
> Would that send it (and be billed as) as a text message?

Yes and yes. The caller enters a 10 digit Cingular cellular number then
a numeric number (can be anything--phone number or code) which it sends
as "Please call xxxxxxx" SMS message. The last I heard it worked
nationwide--try it.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

"tom glaab" <glaabtom@netscape.net> wrote in message

> See: http://www.cingular.com/media/text_messaging_faqs

By the way, thanks Tom (and also Jud) -these were exactly the answers to my
questions.... -John F
!