small/cheap printer

Hi,
Sorry for such a mundane question.
I want a small and cheap (doesn't matter if only black) printer to take on
an archaeological excavation this summer, there will be mains power
available, and it will only be a back up, working off a laptop.
Main requisites are small and cheap.
TIA

--
Regards,
Steve

Marty

check your local pc store or printer store for hp or canon portable
printers (remanufactured), you should be able to get a nice one, or
check ebay.

Happy Digging

martin

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:49:21 GMT, "stephent" <stephent@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>Sorry for such a mundane question.
>I want a small and cheap (doesn't matter if only black) printer to take on
>an archaeological excavation this summer, there will be mains power
>available, and it will only be a back up, working off a laptop.
>Main requisites are small and cheap.
>TIA

If you want dirt cheap, look for Lexmark at local Walmart. Just make
sure it does come with ink cart as some really cheap one don't have
any! Not portable but most cheap inkjet printers are often small
enough to pass as large portable anyway.

"stephent" <stephent@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Sorry for such a mundane question.
> I want a small and cheap (doesn't matter if only black) printer to take on
> an archaeological excavation this summer, there will be mains power
> available, and it will only be a back up, working off a laptop.
> Main requisites are small and cheap.

Watch out for the waste ink tray on the return trip. An inkjet printer
travelling upside down in the hold can make a right mess. Consider double
wrapping it in plastic bags.

Thank you all for your help and advice - much appreciated.