Sign in with
Your question

Unique Case Recommendations

Last response: in Components
August 17, 2006 2:47:28 PM

I'm currently putting together a system and I want it to have a unique look. I like the 'cube' look of the Mozart case by thermaltake (I think). I'm looking for a few others that may be similar to that and I'm having problems. It should be basically square, casters would be nice, and needs lots of room for the water cooling project. I see that Mountain Mod's has cases like what I'm looking for. I am wondering what people's experience is with these (are they too expensive for what you get, are there better alternatives, etc...).

Going inside the case is:
PC Power 1Kw PSU
A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD FX-53 Water cooled
Nvidia 7950 GX2 Water Cooled
2 74 Gig Raptors (Maybe Water Cooled)
2 400 Gig WD
2 DVD Burners
Floppy
SB Audigy Front Panel
PA 120.2 Radiator
D5 Pump
5" Bay Resivoir
7/16" piping
I'm not sure if i'll need a second PA120.2 or a PA160.1 to get good cooling with this system (I want it to be upgradable to quad cooling).

Any recommendations on a good 'box' syle case? Thanks for the help. Oh, and my limit on the case woulc be ~300USD.
August 17, 2006 5:54:21 PM

Sorry I can't be of much help, but unless you're willing to settle for some sort of tower case, you're not going to find much other than a Mountain Mod that'll fit all of your stuff.

ie. 4 !! x 5.25" bays and 5 x 3.5" bays. (I almost overlooked the SB Audigy Front Panel)

Good Luck!
Related resources
August 18, 2006 3:01:51 AM

the mountain mod's one at xoxide is MUCH better than the one from frozen CPU
August 18, 2006 3:34:37 AM

Ya I looked at that before buying my armor... would have fit a 3 x 120mm rad inside the case but it was too much.
August 18, 2006 12:23:47 PM

Ok Thanks all for the help. I'm gonna look a little more but I think the Mountain Mods style is the way that I'm gonna go. Again thanks.
!