High Resolution Paper?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 6, 2005 11:23:00 AM

I have been trying different photo paper in my Lexmark 4800x1200 dpi printer
and getting different results. Some glossy paper seems to allow the print
dots to run together and make splotches of ink instead of tiny dithered
dots. On some paper the ink dries almost instantly while on others it takes
hours. What is the real deal on different photo papers? What is best for
high resolution?

ER

More about : high resolution paper

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:10:33 PM

ER wrote:
> I have been trying different photo paper in my Lexmark 4800x1200 dpi printer
> and getting different results. Some glossy paper seems to allow the print
> dots to run together and make splotches of ink instead of tiny dithered
> dots. On some paper the ink dries almost instantly while on others it takes
> hours. What is the real deal on different photo papers? What is best for
> high resolution?
>
> ER

I found my previous Lexmark Z55 worked very well with Epson Glossy Photo
Paper and all the high resolution coated papers I used. But stay away
from IBM Glossy Photo Paper. I find it totally useless with ALL printers!

I didn't use the Lexmark for digital photos as I didn't have a camera
then. I used it for CD liners, greeting cards and booklet cover, using
the aforementioned Epson Glossy Photo Paper. The results were always
very good to excellent. Unfortunately, this paper doesn't have "the look
and feel" of traditional film photo paper so I still limit its use to that
field.

I imagine Costco's Kirkland brand photo paper (high gloss, hard shell,
instant dry) should work as well. Looking at the paper instruction sheet
for it... for Lexmark P & Z series it says:

Media Type: Glossy / Photo Paper
Quality: Best
Color: Defaults.

-Taliesyn
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:39:09 PM

What is best for high resolution?

Another printer made by a manufacturer that isn't Lexmark.
July 6, 2005 8:39:10 PM

> What is best for high resolution?
>

> Another printer made by a manufacturer that isn't Lexmark.

I used to own a lower resolution Canon printer and it did the same thing
with different papers. Is there a site that discussed the pros and cons of
different papers?

ER
July 7, 2005 12:42:08 AM

On 7/6/2005 9:23 AM, ER wrote:
> I have been trying different photo paper in my Lexmark 4800x1200 dpi printer
> and getting different results. Some glossy paper seems to allow the print
> dots to run together and make splotches of ink instead of tiny dithered
> dots. On some paper the ink dries almost instantly while on others it takes
> hours. What is the real deal on different photo papers? What is best for
> high resolution?
>
> ER

As you're discovering, there isn't one answer. Printer manufacturers
use inks with different characteristics and match them with their paper.
Other papers may produce good results, but you have to ask the
question with respect to a specific brand of printer.

When I had a Lexmark Z55 I found that it worked well with Kodak gloss
paper and with Epson matte paper, and some others. The Kodak paper does
not work well at all with my Canon printer, but the Canon paper produces
excellent results.

Bernie
July 7, 2005 6:55:51 PM

Is it true that measekite and you are an item.

> What is best for high resolution?
>

> Another printer made by a manufacturer that isn't Lexmark.

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 8:41:26 PM

Shooter wrote:

>Is it true that measekite and you are an item.

She gives good head.

>"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>

>>What is best for high resolution?
>>

>>Another printer made by a manufacturer that isn't Lexmark.

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 4:14:36 PM

The deal is printer use differing technologies and ink formulations and
they are somewhat paper dependent. You will find some papers indicate
the manufacturers they are recommended for, while others leave it to you
to figure out for yourself. Adding to this, some 3rd party inks are not
directly "compatible" with the manufacturer's intent with their OEM
inks, so you may have to simply experiment.

Art

!