Best Buy Sued For "Misappropriating" Trade Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I don't think anyone explained to the jury as to what a trade secret is. I can't imagine this being a big secret. Now breach of contract might be a different matter.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]I don't think anyone explained to the jury as to what a trade secret is. I can't imagine this being a big secret. Now breach of contract might be a different matter.[/citation]
I second that!

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Nothing secretive about a trade-in offer to entice a potential customer. I should sue the gov't for misappropriating trade secrets that guns kill.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Nothing really 'secret' about this.
It's kinda like when you lease a car. They tell you upfront what it will cost you at the end of the lease if you want to buy it.

So here they tell you upfront how much credit you get after, say 2 years, if you tradde in your box of chips.

Not exactly Coca Cola formula or McD secret sauce kinda stuff.
Especially to the tune of $27 Million which, as we all know, will come out of consumer's pockets eventually.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]Guns don't kill people, police officers armed with guns kill people.[/citation]

Head to Detroit's slums. There aren't that many police officers there.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Head to Detroit's slums. There aren't that many police officers there.[/citation]

Obviously, those places are dangerous! The officers could be at risk serving and protecting Detroit. Much safer to sit on the freeway with a radar gun and write speeding tickets to soccer moms.

Oh wait this article is about BB, not police. Yeah good riddance. I remember back when Circuit City were the con artists and BB were the good guys. Seems like all the CC management went to manage Best Buy or something. How about we also sue them for the damage their lying sales reps do to the market in general by convincing people Apple and Sony are better brand names than cheaper alternatives.

G

It's not about creating a trade in program by observing the industry, BB actually hired these guys just long enough to take their systems, then dumped them before paying for it. A business's process IS a trade secret. BB could have simply created their own from scratch and been fine, but instead they got someone elses template via breech of contract resulting in theft of a trade secret.

G

Best Buy is not getting my Business, hell the Best Buy at Landmark Ctr. will only stock crappy PNY computer RAM, and when you go to the weekly ad, sometimes there will be corsair memory advertised, but will the Best Buy at Landmark Ctr. stock the better RAM, no, only PNY, PNY that does not work with any of my laptops, even though it is specified to do so! I had to go to Microcenter to get memory that works with my laptops! Goodby Best Buy!

G

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]can someone also sue them for stocking their shelves before fulfilling preorder obligations?[/citation]
Not possible today cause of Supreme Court decision on "AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion." So no more class-action lawsuit.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I did a study on Best Buy in college and found that Best Buy's profiling practices were appalling. Needless to say that most of the time I can find what I'm looking for cheaper online anyway. I hope Best Buy goes the way of Circuit City.

G

I think there has to be something specific not mentioned in this article. Probably in the technology used, or the model used for pricing. After all if it's as simple as some people claim why would the two companies be in working for months to implement it?

RealBeast

Titan
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]. . . I hope Best Buy goes the way of Circuit City.[/citation]

Hopefully, BB will stay in business. I love BB, I go there all the time to look at stuff. I never buy anything from them since they charge way too much and the employees have the technical knowledge of an onion, but if I want to play with a new TV or whatever before an Internet order the first place I go is BB.

bbemployee

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
bestbuy ain't going No where period! suck it up and find something more constructive to say instead of bashing on a company that you may had a bad expierencing in because you tried returning a product either out of the return policy or the ones that get mad because they think the employees don't know what they are talking about and we see you the next day pissed off but shamefully admitting that you indeed were wrong but to make yourself feel better you blame us the employees. these negative comments about bestbuy makes about 5% of what actually goes good in the stores! There's a lot more of what's in the media about bestbuy than you think! amazon just a Fad they lost money last quarter where we actually comp!

bbemployee

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
you know what people are entitled in spending there money how ever they want to spend there money. period if you feel robbed when you shop then so be it. If a customer comes in and buys a product we are not robbing them we offer 30 price matching now including amazon no restocking fees trade in blah blah blah I see it where if a customer walks out happy no matter what they had spent they did not get robbed. Amazon will save you money but does not provide you with a complete solution. You make yourself sound ignorant for the fact that you think we are robbing elderly do you think they are incapable of shopping for themselves? Maybe it's the fact that they don't know technology like you and I and want that service of being able to talk to an associate and find that proper full solution don't shop out of your own pocket.

bbemployee

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]I did a study on Best Buy in college and found that Best Buy's profiling practices were appalling. Needless to say that most of the time I can find what I'm looking for cheaper online anyway. I hope Best Buy goes the way of Circuit City.[/citation]

Amazons cheaper because there's not as much overhead cost like big box stores, but hey keep shopping online and contribute on not supporting local businesses and having people jobless and turning the economy to even more mess than we need to be

bbemployee

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Ok tell me how amazon is so great........ mainly for the price but you still wait for shipping. Bby will give you instant gratification and we well accommodate matching amazons pricing hmmmmmm.... Try it sometime or so some research before you call it thievery

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
[citation][nom]bbemployee[/nom]Ok tell me how amazon is so great........ mainly for the price but you still wait for shipping. Bby will give you instant gratification and we well accommodate matching amazons pricing hmmmmmm.... Try it sometime or so some research before you call it thievery[/citation]

I used to work at Best Buy, and they are thieves. We were instructed to profile people and sell them as many accessories, services and credit cards as possible. Yeah, it's a business but there is a right way and wrong way to go about this. I always informed my customers, and recommended stuff based on what they told me. I got constantly yelled at for not pushing enough crap and getting people in debt with the stupid BB credit cards. I could no longer work where the devil lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.