Server not resolving

Not sure if this is a W2K issue or WinNT so I'll post in both. Here's my
problem:

I have a W2K server running terminal services (Citrix) in a WinNT domain. It
has been running fine for the last six months. About two weeks ago, people
logging onto Citrix seem to have a problem accessing other servers on the
network, particularly or Exchange server. When bringing up Outlook, it hangs
for several minutes until it comes back with Server unavailable, Retry or
Work offline. If they retry, Outlook finds the Exchange server and pulls up
their mailbox.

What I've noticed is when this happens, I can't ping any server from this
Citrix server. When I stop and restart the DNS client service, Outlook comes
up almost instantaneously. When I type the command ipconfig /registerdns from
this server, it has the same effect, Outlook comes up right away.

Doing an NSLOOKUP, the server finds my DNS server. We've done no changes to
our network configuration. We've only been applying the MS security patches
on a routine basis.

Any help is much appreciated.

>>> I can't ping any server from this Citrix server...

You need to tell us whether you can ping by IP
address and just not by name, or whether neither
type of ping works. This has a big effect on where
the problem might be found.

The next time this happens, open a CMD prompt
and type the command "arp -d", then see if it
also works.

Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
Ergodic Systems, Inc.