Unable to share folder or view folder properties in Explorer

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing happens!
I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd etc.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.

lg Albert
8 answers Last reply
More about unable share folder view folder properties explorer

    Additional information:
    In the explorer-options is 'Simple File Sharing' disabled.
    In the Computer Management and Shared Folders console ist the sharing
    possible.

    "Albert Mayer" wrote:

    > Additional information:
    > In the explorer-options is 'Simple File Sharing' disabled.
    > In the Computer Management and Shared Folders console ist the sharing
    > possible.
    >

    > "Albert Mayer" <may@nospam.nextra.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
    > > either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing
    > > happens!
    > > I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
    > > am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd
    > > etc.
    > > Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
    > >
    > > lg Albert

    Try right clicking.

    Albert Mayer wrote:
    > I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
    > either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing happens!
    > I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
    > am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd etc.
    > Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
    >
    > lg Albert

    You may have to turn off simple file sharing check this
    KB article

    gls858

    He already stated that SFS is disabled.

    >You may have to turn off simple file sharing check this
    >KB article

    us;304040

    someone wrote:
    > He already stated that SFS is disabled.
    >

    >>You may have to turn off simple file sharing check this
    >>KB article
    >>
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    >
    > us;304040
    >
    >>gls858
    >>.

    My bad didn't read the second post. The KB info may still
    apply. The subject is:
    How to configure file sharing in Windows XP

    gls858

    Don't trip, I make so many errors with just about
    everything I do that I like to point out other people's,
    even if they were minor and irrelevant. I guess it makes
    me feel good about myself?
    Sincerely,
    Someone(future therapy patient)

    someone wrote:
    > Don't trip, I make so many errors with just about
    > everything I do that I like to point out other people's,
    > even if they were minor and irrelevant. I guess it makes
    > me feel good about myself?
    > Sincerely,
    > Someone(future therapy patient)

    >>My bad didn't read the second post. The KB info may still
    >>apply. The subject is:
    >>How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
    >>
    >>gls858
    >>.

    You mean mistakes like top posting :-)

    gls858

    I don't know why, but the WWW-Publishing service was the whole time on
    starting. I have stopped the two services IIS and WWW-Publishing and now
    all works again.

    "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > someone wrote:
    >> Don't trip, I make so many errors with just about everything I do that I
    >> like to point out other people's, even if they were minor and irrelevant.
    >> I guess it makes me feel good about myself? Sincerely, Someone(future
    >> therapy patient)
    >>>>>

    >>>My bad didn't read the second post. The KB info may still
    >>>apply. The subject is:
    >>>How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
    >>>
    >>>gls858
    >>>.
    >>>
    > You mean mistakes like top posting :-)
    >
    > gls858