Unable to share folder or view folder properties in Explorer

October 20, 2004 6:31:02 PM

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing happens!
I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd etc.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.

lg Albert
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 6:41:42 PM

Additional information:
In the explorer-options is 'Simple File Sharing' disabled.
In the Computer Management and Shared Folders console ist the sharing
possible.

"Albert Mayer" <may@nospam.nextra.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
> either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing
> happens!
> I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
> am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd
> etc.
> Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
>
> lg Albert

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 6:41:43 PM

"Albert Mayer" wrote:

> Additional information:
> In the explorer-options is 'Simple File Sharing' disabled.
> In the Computer Management and Shared Folders console ist the sharing
> possible.
>

> "Albert Mayer" <may@nospam.nextra.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
> > either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing
> > happens!
> > I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
> > am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd
> > etc.
> > Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
> >
> > lg Albert

Try right clicking.
October 20, 2004 7:15:38 PM

Albert Mayer wrote:
> I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2 is installed). When I select
> either "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" on any folder nothing happens!
> I am only able to share my drive "C" and "D" - which I do not want to do!!
> am logged in with an Administrator account so should have full rightsd etc.
> Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem.
>
> lg Albert

You may have to turn off simple file sharing check this
KB article

gls858
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 9:36:41 PM

someone wrote:
> He already stated that SFS is disabled.
>

>>You may have to turn off simple file sharing check this
>>KB article
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
>
> us;304040
>
>>gls858
>>.

My bad didn't read the second post. The KB info may still
apply. The subject is:
How to configure file sharing in Windows XP

gls858
October 21, 2004 1:20:19 AM

Don't trip, I make so many errors with just about
everything I do that I like to point out other people's,
even if they were minor and irrelevant. I guess it makes
me feel good about myself?
Sincerely,
Someone(future therapy patient)

>>>gls858
>>>.
>>>
>My bad didn't read the second post. The KB info may still
>apply. The subject is:
>How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
>
>gls858
>.

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 2:24:49 PM

someone wrote:
> Don't trip, I make so many errors with just about
> everything I do that I like to point out other people's,
> even if they were minor and irrelevant. I guess it makes
> me feel good about myself?
> Sincerely,
> Someone(future therapy patient)

>>My bad didn't read the second post. The KB info may still
>>apply. The subject is:
>>How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
>>
>>gls858
>>.

You mean mistakes like top posting :-)

gls858
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 1:49:08 PM

I don't know why, but the WWW-Publishing service was the whole time on
starting. I have stopped the two services IIS and WWW-Publishing and now
all works again.

!