LaserJet 5p Problem printing spreadsheets

I have been using the spreadsheet in MS Works 6.0 for several years.
Every thing has been fine. All of a sudden, whenever I try to print a
spreadsheet that is more that a single page, the spreadsheet tries to
print it in about 80 pages.
Each page has has only five rows of two columns on it.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition, a Dell computer and an HP 5P
printer.

Does anybody have any idea as to how to correct this problem ?

All my other programs print fine. Just MS Works spreadsheets give me the
printing problem ?

D. Silver

BURT

sounds like a software issue to me. I don't use MS Works, but both Excel
and Quatro Pro printouts are controlled in the page setup part of the
software.

"David P. Silver" <dpsilver@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I have been using the spreadsheet in MS Works 6.0 for several years.
> Every thing has been fine. All of a sudden, whenever I try to print a
> spreadsheet that is more that a single page, the spreadsheet tries to
> print it in about 80 pages.
> Each page has has only five rows of two columns on it.
>
> I am using Windows XP Home Edition, a Dell computer and an HP 5P
> printer.
>
> Does anybody have any idea as to how to correct this problem ?
>
> All my other programs print fine. Just MS Works spreadsheets give me the
> printing problem ?
>

> D. Silver

Thanks for you reply. But there appears to be nothing in the page setup that
would affect the way my spreadsheets printout. I copied a file over to my
wife's computer which uses a LaserJet 4P, and it printed out just fine.

I assume it could be a corrupt file in my MSWorks program, and not a HP
printer driver as all the other programs I printout from work ok. But I don't
know which file to look at or replace.

I have tried re-installing the MSWorks program, and that does not change
things.

Burt wrote:

> sounds like a software issue to me. I don't use MS Works, but both Excel
> and Quatro Pro printouts are controlled in the page setup part of the
> software.
>
> "David P. Silver" <dpsilver@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > I have been using the spreadsheet in MS Works 6.0 for several years.
> > Every thing has been fine. All of a sudden, whenever I try to print a
> > spreadsheet that is more that a single page, the spreadsheet tries to
> > print it in about 80 pages.
> > Each page has has only five rows of two columns on it.
> >
> > I am using Windows XP Home Edition, a Dell computer and an HP 5P
> > printer.
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea as to how to correct this problem ?
> >
> > All my other programs print fine. Just MS Works spreadsheets give me the
> > printing problem ?
> >

> > D. Silver

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:47:06 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "David P.
Silver" <dpsilver@comcast.net> wrote:

>Thanks for you reply. But there appears to be nothing in the page setup that
>would affect the way my spreadsheets printout. I copied a file over to my
>wife's computer which uses a LaserJet 4P, and it printed out just fine.
>
>I assume it could be a corrupt file in my MSWorks program, and not a HP
>printer driver as all the other programs I printout from work ok. But I don't
>know which file to look at or replace.
>
>I have tried re-installing the MSWorks program, and that does not change
>things.

First check the printer default settings in the driver tab. Make sure it
appears the same as for the 4p, especially that somehow the paper size
isn't wrong. Move the 5p over to the other computer and try printing from
it again, including just using the 4p driver. And try the 4p on the machine
with trouble. This will help see if the printer itself has a fault. You
could also uninstall and then re-installl the 5p driver on the troublesome
machine.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Thanks. I'll try that. But remember, the only time I am having a problem printing
ANYTHING is when I try to printout an MSWorks
spreadsheet.

Everything else works just fine.

David

Ed Ruf wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:47:06 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "David P.
> Silver" <dpsilver@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for you reply. But there appears to be nothing in the page setup that
> >would affect the way my spreadsheets printout. I copied a file over to my
> >wife's computer which uses a LaserJet 4P, and it printed out just fine.
> >
> >I assume it could be a corrupt file in my MSWorks program, and not a HP
> >printer driver as all the other programs I printout from work ok. But I don't
> >know which file to look at or replace.
> >
> >I have tried re-installing the MSWorks program, and that does not change
> >things.
>
> First check the printer default settings in the driver tab. Make sure it
> appears the same as for the 4p, especially that somehow the paper size
> isn't wrong. Move the 5p over to the other computer and try printing from
> it again, including just using the 4p driver. And try the 4p on the machine
> with trouble. This will help see if the printer itself has a fault. You
> could also uninstall and then re-installl the 5p driver on the troublesome
> machine.
> http://EdwardGRuf.com

BURT

Does MSWorks have a print preview function? probably under "file" on the
menu bar? Check it out as your top or bottom margin may be set in a way
that would print only a few lines per page. That plus the page size that
someone already mentioned are the first things that come to mind. If it is
the margin setting this program may permit a click-and-drag margin
adjustment in the preview window before printing.