Dns Server Request Throttling

Hi,
I have an application which processes many dns lookup requests at quite a
pace although this is spread over many dns servers.
I know that dns servers in general will throttle requests from unique ip
addresses in order to counter denial of service attacks.
I would like to know what guidelines I should follow to make sure that I'm
not mistakenly identified as a DoS attack; i.e. is there some number of
requests within a certain time period that I must stay below?, is this
variable and if so can I query the server to get this value?
Are there any guidelines in general as to how many requests I should be
making within a particular time period irrespective of whether a server
blocks at some other threshold?

Many thanks,

"Noel" <thehustler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an application which processes many dns lookup requests at quite a
> pace although this is spread over many dns servers.
> I know that dns servers in general will throttle requests from unique ip
> addresses in order to counter denial of service attacks.

No one can say for sure, but you might do better in
one of the BIND developer or other network developer
groups.

--
Herb Martin