x1800xl Driver or bad card?

I have a decent system.

Athlon 64 3500+
Asus A8n-SLi Deluxe
1 gb OCZ Plat 2 - 3 - 2 - 5
2 Raptors raided (Stripe)
2 WD 320 GB Hdds
X1800xl

When ever I play wow the x1800xl crashes. It is NOT a heat issue. ?I think it is a driver issue. I have tried different drivers with no success.

I am wondering if it is just a bad card or what. I ahve seen quite a few other people with the issue on diffrenet version cards 9x00, 1x00 version cards. Other people dont.

I have been thinking about an upgrade anyways so... although the x1900 or x1800 xt are nice but with the isues I ahve been having I ahve been thinking of swithcing over to Nvidia...... Or I could just upgrade my ram and proc but.... the crashing is annoying (luckily VPU recovery allows me to continue playing after minute or so)

What should I do? Format and reinstall and try latest drivers from scratch is not a great option as well... I dont know if I can find all of the CDs for my stuff.... I ahve the keys though :-p
4 answers Last reply
More about x1800xl driver card
  1. What's the power supply?
  2. Does the system only crash in WoW? Try putting your system under stress and see if it crashes in the same manner. Perhaps try watching a DVD and running several other tasks. Problem could very well be a failing video card. Try using a different card and playing WoW and see if your system crashes.
  3. Thats why I thinks it is drivers. It is only wow. Occcasionaly oblivion crashes but I dont get the VPU error.

trust me... I stress this baby to the max on a daily basis... if itdies its an excuse to buy something newer :-p
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics