Reverse printing

peter

I have 2 printers. An HP Deskjet HP850 and HP Deskjet 5850
Although not instructed to do so both print in reverse order. i.e. the last
page comes first. Why should this happen?

--

All mail scanned with Norton Antivirus.

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 07:27:27 +0000 (UTC), "Peter"

>I have 2 printers. An HP Deskjet HP850 and HP Deskjet 5850
>Although not instructed to do so both print in reverse order. i.e. the last
>page comes first. Why should this happen?

It's likely the software you use and not the printer. There are
setting for reverse print order so when they come out of the printer,
last page are last and first are first, no need to resort later.

Paul

Splendid

"Peter" <p.j.w@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 printers. An HP Deskjet HP850 and HP Deskjet 5850
> Although not instructed to do so both print in reverse order. i.e. the
> last
> page comes first. Why should this happen?
>
> --

Its so that if you are printing a multi page doc page one ends up on top of
the pile, otherwise after printing you have to sort you pages.

Paul

I don't know these specific printers, but some have this as a default,
so that when you pick up all the sheets from the print receiving tray,
they are in proper order.

Either way, this is usually something that can be changed via access to
the printer's drivers or firmware.

Art

Peter wrote:

> I have 2 printers. An HP Deskjet HP850 and HP Deskjet 5850
> Although not instructed to do so both print in reverse order. i.e. the last
> page comes first. Why should this happen?

peter

The problem is that when I reinsert the pages to print on the reverse the
order is wrong. EG I print 7,5 3 and 1. Reinsert the pages and 8 will appear
on the reverse of 1 etc. It is easy to sort out with a few pages but if I am
printing 50 it can get very confusing.
So a big mistake by the those who should know better.

--

All mail scanned with Norton Antivirus.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Peter wrote:
> The problem is that when I reinsert the pages to print on the reverse the
> order is wrong. EG I print 7,5 3 and 1. Reinsert the pages and 8 will appear
> on the reverse of 1 etc. It is easy to sort out with a few pages but if I am
> printing 50 it can get very confusing.
> So a big mistake by the those who should know better.

What program are you printing from? (Not the printer drivers)

Shouldn't that program have a print box which is used to regulate the
printing from. You arrange the collate in/from that box. This
information is sent to the printer. This is not the printer program box
but a "MS Word" or "Acrobat" etc box.

peter

You set me thinking and investigating. I have found settings amongst the
options to solve my problem. So thanks for that.

--

All mail scanned with Norton Antivirus.