DNS error

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I want to attach the server to the AD DC and I get an error that the
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.conson.com dose not exist. I want to know how to
create this A file and what is the location. Also in the process I
deleted the _msdcs.conson.com subdomain under the conson.com > forward
lookup. How can I make that sub folder up.. If there is a way to go
back and recreated all the SRV, A and folder in the DNS I would like to
that better. I have looked on MS website and it described what a
machine needs to join a Domain controller but it does not tell you how
to do it. If you can direct me to a document that describes this
process that would help.

Thank you,

john

In news:1103240820.446805.117940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
john <fonseca1@juno.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> I want to attach the server to the AD DC and I get an
> error that the _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.conson.com dose not
> exist. I want to know how to create this A file and what
> is the location. Also in the process I deleted the
> _msdcs.conson.com subdomain under the conson.com >
> forward lookup. How can I make that sub folder up.. If
> there is a way to go back and recreated all the SRV, A
> and folder in the DNS I would like to that better. I have
> looked on MS website and it described what a machine
> needs to join a Domain controller but it does not tell
> you how to do it. If you can direct me to a document that
> describes this process that would help.

In the DNS management console, create a new Forward Lookup Zone named
_msdcs.conson.com set the zone to allow dynamic updates, then run these
commands:

net stop netlogon
net start netlogon
ipconfig /registerdns