Squeking noise from DS3

Has anyone else with a DS3 hear a squeking noise from the components right were teh SB near the end of the PCI-E slot? My board always squeks when I run prime. Like you can hear it squek and then when prime switches to next test, it stops and then squeks again. I hope this is normal 8O
6 answers Last reply
More about squeking noise
  1. I know exactly what you mean, i get taht same annoying sound when i play graphic intensive games... my guess would be video card.. but i never was able to find the problem... I wasn't worried about it about 2 min ago.. as i was getting a DS3 and a e6400.. but crap... you're telling me that the annoying squeak is present in the DS3 line of boards too?
  2. I am not 100% sure it is the DS3 doing it up or my BFG 7900GT(stock speed) but something right there near the PCI-E and SB is a squeking noise. I wish I had an extra PCI-E card to drop in to confirm but I don't. But then prime does not work my vid card, it only works out the RAM and CPU.

Can anyone else confirm if they have any squeks with the DS3?
  3. I just put together a DS3, E6300, MSI x1900XT and have that same annoying squeak you mention. It's totally random when I hear it but I shrugged it off as a video card issue.
  4. I got a new DS3 board and again during prime it squeks. I just can't seem to verify where this is coming from. I tried teh paper tube test and its too hard to narrow down.
  5. well i have my DS3 and just played a good few hours of doom3... no squeaks yet... maybe i got lucky...
  6. Quote:
    I just put together a DS3, E6300, MSI x1900XT and have that same annoying squeak you mention. It's totally random when I hear it but I shrugged it off as a video card issue.

I have a BFG 7900GT OC. Glad to hear that weilin is all well =)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Components PCI Express Motherboards