DDNS Question:

I want my Windows 2003 DHCP servers to give my cliënts a suffix (lets say
mydomain.com).
So that they always use that to look up root entrys.

But I want the DHCP server to register the cliënts as
computername.dyn.mydomain.com in the DNS server, so that my zone
"dyn.domain.com" contains all dynamic entry's.

Can this by done with standard 2003 software? If yes: How?

Help would be appreciated. THX

Henk.

In article <32p1cuF3oltceU1@individual.net>, "ch212" <abuse@chello.nl>
wrote:

> I want my Windows 2003 DHCP servers to give my cliënts a suffix (lets say
> mydomain.com).
> So that they always use that to look up root entrys.
>
> But I want the DHCP server to register the cliënts as
> computername.dyn.mydomain.com in the DNS server, so that my zone
> "dyn.domain.com" contains all dynamic entry's.
>
> Can this by done with standard 2003 software? If yes: How?
>
> Help would be appreciated. THX
>
> Henk.

I'm interested too, how to do it on Server 2003. In ISC DHCP it's a snap.

JD