Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Net frame work 2.0

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 12, 2009 10:42:33 PM

Cannot run my Lexmark productivity Studio. When I try to open it I get a notification that I need to download net frame work 2.0. (running windows 7 64 bit) EVERY download Microsoft has for 64 bit net frame work 2.0 will not install. I have uninstalled the Lexmark printer, tried every version of 2.0 and still cannot get the Lexmark Studio to run. When the printer was first installed , the Studio program worked. The error would pop up , I would clear it and then the program ran. I run the troubleshooter and it says the program is incompatable now. I have tried running it in different compatability modes with no luck. Tried Lexmark support and so far they have been no help. can any one help me?
thank you

More about : net frame work

a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2009 4:00:10 AM

Try and download version 3.5 SP1. That should do the trick. My guess is that version 2.0 isn't compatible with W7 or 64 bit OS'es.
Score
0
November 13, 2009 1:30:51 PM

Alreay tried that, will not install,truned it off under windows features and tried to install ,had error at the end and would not install.
Thank you
Score
0
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 14, 2009 5:40:49 AM

2.0 is already included in Windows 7 (actually as a part of the 3.5.1 Framework). The easiest (if not the only) way to remove and reinstall the 3.5.1 framework is to uncheck the box for it in the Turn Windows features on or off menu from within the Programs and Features window in Control Panel.

Edit: Haven't confirmed this yet with my 7 VM image, but I can say with about 99% certainty that at least one reboot will be required when you attempt this.
Score
0
November 14, 2009 1:05:33 PM

Already tried that 2 or 3 times. At least now when I try any load 2.0 it wants me to turn off 3.5 to install. Going to try that see if it will load
Thank you
Score
0
November 14, 2009 1:52:07 PM

I downloaded a removal tool for NET framework and used it to remove the Net framework from my computer. I reinstalled Net framework 3.5 sp1 and it is doing the same thing. It must be the software's problem. 3.5. sp1 reinstalled with no problems.
Thank you
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
November 14, 2009 5:19:42 PM

Here's a thought: Maybe try the 32 bit version. My guess is that the Lexmark software isn't made for 64 bit compatibility.
Score
0
November 14, 2009 5:36:37 PM

It worked on Vista 64 bit before, tried to run in both Xp and Vista compatibility. no luck.
Score
0

Best solution

November 20, 2009 9:45:51 AM

I had the same problem and went looking though .Net Framework fix sites/blogs/etc. Hours of reading...none worked. Go to Lexmark's website and download "cj4600Win7en64.exe" (which is the most recent update and run as a repair/update for Windows 7).

The link is: http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=downloadFile&actp...

THis fixed the error message (need Microsoft .Net Framwork 2.0 ...) for my 4600 series printer and the lexmark productivity studio software which now both work perfectly.

Good luck
Share
November 20, 2009 12:04:58 PM

Works great. This is a new download. I have tried all that they where offering in the past couple of weeks.
Thank you
Score
0
November 21, 2009 1:11:50 AM

yellowcat1 said:
Works great. This is a new download. I have tried all that they where offering in the past couple of weeks.
Thank you


You bet. I understand the frusatration. I am deployed (Iraq) and my old laptop began dying which forced the purchase of a new one. Decided to splurge and picked up one with Win7. This forced me to look into the "fixes" since I generally liked the Lexmark Productivity Suite software. Win7 evcen installed its own drivers through the internet which didn't help the software.

Also, in my Win7 at least, I can't even turn on .Net Framework 2.0 (only 3.5). It took forever to figure out that 2.0 is part of 3.5. What a mess (and I ran into the same windows update failures related to .Net Framwork 2.0 issues on the old laptop running Vista 32bit home premium described on many websites).

At any rate, you are very welcome!
Score
0
December 19, 2009 8:01:53 PM

jgm1234 said:
You bet. I understand the frusatration. I am deployed (Iraq) and my old laptop began dying which forced the purchase of a new one. Decided to splurge and picked up one with Win7. This forced me to look into the "fixes" since I generally liked the Lexmark Productivity Suite software. Win7 evcen installed its own drivers through the internet which didn't help the software.

Also, in my Win7 at least, I can't even turn on .Net Framework 2.0 (only 3.5). It took forever to figure out that 2.0 is part of 3.5. What a mess (and I ran into the same windows update failures related to .Net Framwork 2.0 issues on the old laptop running Vista 32bit home premium described on many websites).

At any rate, you are very welcome!

I can't say thank you enough. I have Acer Aspire Timeline 5810TZ model which came with Lexmark X4650 printer.
When I was running Vista no problem. Ordered free upgrade to Win7. When I tried to install upgrade I got the pop up box saying "microsoft.net framework 2.0 required to continue" I also went through the process of trying to download and install various versions of .net framework from the microsoft website all to no avail. Would download file but not install because it kept telling me that .net framework already installed as part of operating system. This put me in a virtual loop. I uninstalled the Lexmark printer software. As soon as I did that and restarted the laptop the pop up box disappeared. I went to Lexmark website and downloaded update file as you mentioned. Reinstalled Win7 and all good now. Thank you for the info. Acer tech support told me to reset power on laptop by pulling battery /power cord and holding down power switch then reinstalling battery and AC cable. Then they suggested that I do a "clean" install of Win7 instead of upgrade install. This would have probably fixed the problem as it would have wiped out Lexmark software but would have been a whole lot more work/time involved.
Score
0
January 11, 2010 3:25:00 AM

Hey can someone help me I have the same problem I did what jqm1234 did and it stopped the .net framework 2.0 but now the printer starts up. When I want to print but I only get to 15% max and it stops and the printer does nothing
Score
0
June 2, 2010 2:14:59 AM

jgm1234 said:
I had the same problem and went looking though .Net Framework fix sites/blogs/etc. Hours of reading...none worked. Go to Lexmark's website and download "cj4600Win7en64.exe" (which is the most recent update and run as a repair/update for Windows 7).

The link is: http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=downloadFile&actp...

THis fixed the error message (need Microsoft .Net Framwork 2.0 ...) for my 4600 series printer and the lexmark productivity studio software which now both work perfectly.

Good luck

Yes jgm1234 that was the fix, Thanks hortond2000
Score
0
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2010 5:23:28 PM

jgm1234 said:
I had the same problem and went looking though .Net Framework fix sites/blogs/etc. Hours of reading...none worked. Go to Lexmark's website and download "cj4600Win7en64.exe" (which is the most recent update and run as a repair/update for Windows 7).

The link is: http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=downloadFile&actp...

THis fixed the error message (need Microsoft .Net Framwork 2.0 ...) for my 4600 series printer and the lexmark productivity studio software which now both work perfectly.

Good luck



I'm running Lexmark x6675 on Windows 7 64 bit and was having the same problem with the .NET Framework 2.0 not being recognized whenever I tried to open Lexmark Printivity Studio. I tried several things including verifying my .net framework, uninstalling\reinstalling the printer, and trying to install .net 2.0 which of course failed since it's already included with my os. I was really getting frustrated when I came accross this post. I DL'd the 6600 version of this driver and now I'm back up and running thanks so much for your help! :)  I have a project of about 2000 pictures that I have to scan and would be lost with out this software. You saved me! :) 

Reading further I see you are also in the service so stay safe and come home soon!

Cen
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2010 8:34:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!