Pentium D 915@ ~80C >.<

I'm sure this has been posted before but i cannot find it.

Has anyone experienced a processor running at about 80 degrees celsius? I beleive the heatsink has contact to the processor as i can feel heat coming off it. I don't think it would be a bad processor could it?

I have a p5b deluxe wifi-ap and i'm going to try and flash the bios.

Also, does anyone know if you can buy a new faceplate for a motherboard?

thanks! =)

i updated the bios to the latest version and it's reading the processor at 83 C with the heatsink and fan is firmly connected. The heatsink is warm. Not sure what else it could be other than i got a gimp processor.

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
because thats what i did. I took the stuff that was on it off and put AS on it.

Why don't you remount it with fresh paste and try again?

Thats HOT!!!!!
If you've re-mounted it and its still the same........there were reports of some CPU IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader) improperly mounted leading to high temperatures.....but this is very rare!!

Try a good quality third party heatsink+fan combo and see how you go........if temperature remains the same, then it might be the sensor or IHS issue!

i can't afford to just buy another heatsink and fan. It should work with the one provided. I'll just call up newegg tomarrow and get it RMA'd. It has to be a bad processor like the one you mentioned.

If i'm that lucky hell i'm playing the lotto! =)

because thats what i did. I took the stuff that was on it off and put AS on it.

Why don't you remount it with fresh paste and try again?

Thats HOT!!!!!
If you've re-mounted it and its still the same........there were reports of some CPU IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader) improperly mounted leading to high temperatures.....but this is very rare!!

Try a good quality third party heatsink+fan combo and see how you go........if temperature remains the same, then it might be the sensor or IHS issue!

LPS

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
It's way to hot. I put one in last night, OCed to 3.36GHz and thought it was hot @ 40c and that was with an aftermarket cooler.

Something is not right!

i will admit i'm unfamiliar with the heatsink and fan mounting. After remounting it again for the 10th time it got down to 70-73, i tried remounting it again and it came up as 110 and i immediatly turned off the pc.

clairvoyant129

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
I'm sure this has been posted before but i cannot find it.

Has anyone experienced a processor running at about 80 degrees celsius? I beleive the heatsink has contact to the processor as i can feel heat coming off it. I don't think it would be a bad processor could it?

I have a p5b deluxe wifi-ap and i'm going to try and flash the bios.

Also, does anyone know if you can buy a new faceplate for a motherboard?

thanks! =)

My PD 940 @ 4GHz idles around 25-28C with a TT Big Typhoon.

Either your BIOS is reading your temps wrong, or your CPU is ****ed up.

ok did some experimenting ...

when i set the cpu voltage here is what i get:
1.3 = 1.24
1.2 = 1.136
1.15=1.088
1.1=1.040 - the processor tempetures drop with each voltage drop.

so the processor isn't getting the correct voltage. The psu is an enermax liberty 500watt and its practicly brand new. I'm borrowing it from a friend. (his computer is down also)

i just got an rma from newegg so i'm just going to rma it. It's gotta be a faulty processor man.

by the way, all the other voltages, 5v and 12v check out and are fine. I used a volt meter to check the 2 rails.

bah first time getting a bad processor. The chances of getting two bad processors doesn't happen so if it happens again even with my new power supply (i ordered a new one for myself) then it would be the motherboard.

I'm sure some people out there might run into this issue so i'll keep it updated until it works normally.

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I have a Pentium D 805 and have been having heat problems to, right now my processor is running 138F idle. I called Intel and they said anywhere from 140-169F is normal.

My Vcore is running 1.23V also.

+3.3 - 3.25V
+5 - 4.99
+12 - 12.25
CPU - 138F
Mobo - 96F
CPU RPM - 2576

Probably a little better then your 110Celius, but still not to my liking.

My comp is usually showing 134F - 170F, not very nice to me.

Storm~

vinlouis

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
woh thats insanely hot ! use your hand n touch the heatsink..does it scale u ? if not it might be the censor prob

you can mod it into a coffee brewer or fry egg with it

haha ... ya the heatsink was quite hot!!!

When i turned off my computer after ttesting the cpu voltage things i went to read the emails and print labels. After 30 minutes the heatsink was still luke-warm as i was packaging it back in the box.

There is no way 80C is normal operating temperature.

woh thats insanely hot ! use your hand n touch the heatsink..does it scale u ? if not it might be the censor prob

you can mod it into a coffee brewer or fry egg with it

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Hmmm. Well, lets hope you don't have the same problem with your replacement.

If your replacement does the same thing, I would kinda supect the 775 HSF installation, after reading a few people having temp problems with that socket.

G

i guess im tooooooooooooo late to post something, but i will
after loosing all of my hopes to reanimate my cpu( intel pentium d 915) i took it down to put my new cpu instead( intel pentium dual core 3.2).
and i said lets try something weird i brushed the cpu with a soft brush and the lga socket too and i sprayed some deodorant on it and blew it off.
i put it back with the same old fan and i was impressed.
from more than 100 c° where he computer shutdown automatically i get 50 c° and my cpu is reanimated.
i dont advise anyone to do this trick unless he is really willing to get rid of the cpu (dont put the cpu back until total dryness)
hope helped goodbye.