slow response from internet when typing an invalid URL

Tags:
  • DNS
  • Internet
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 23, 2004 10:43:12 AM

Hi,

I am having a problem. If I am using the internet in my company, it is
working ok, but in all workstations, when we type an invalid url name, the
browser stays not responding during lots of time before showing the No page
to display message or page not found, the page cannot be displayed, etc..

This might be a problem in our DNS machines.
I know that this is not an easy problem to solve, but I will really
appreciate any idea!

Thank you.

More about : slow response internet typing invalid url

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:13:36 PM

msm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem. If I am using the internet in my company, it is
> working ok, but in all workstations, when we type an invalid url name, the
> browser stays not responding during lots of time before showing the No page
> to display message or page not found, the page cannot be displayed, etc..
>
> This might be a problem in our DNS machines.
> I know that this is not an easy problem to solve, but I will really
> appreciate any idea!
>
> Thank you.

Do you use proxy config in IE?

Chad
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 7:43:29 AM

m> This might be a problem in our DNS machines.

.... or it might be a problem with your proxy HTTP server, or it might be
a problem with your DNS Clients, or it might be a problem with one of
your web browser plug-ins, or it might be a problem with your configured
search service, or ...

<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/dns-n...;
!