Upgrade from NT4>2000 and add existing DNS to current 2000..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 23, 2004 2:02:31 PM

I was wondering how to upgrade an NT4 machine running DNS to W2K. The issue
is that the NT4 server will join an existing domain (commen.net) which is
already running DNS integrated zones.
How do I 'add' the NT4 DNS 'zones' to the existing zones on W2K?
Should I do an inplace upgrade of 2000 or what?
I am confused with so much reading.

Thamks,
Jim
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 11:38:29 PM

Paula wrote:
> I was wondering how to upgrade an NT4 machine running DNS to W2K. The
> issue is that the NT4 server will join an existing domain
> (commen.net) which is already running DNS integrated zones.
> How do I 'add' the NT4 DNS 'zones' to the existing zones on W2K?
> Should I do an inplace upgrade of 2000 or what?
> I am confused with so much reading.
>
> Thamks,
> Jim

What's the current role of this NT machine? Is it a PDC/BDC in another
domain? What role is it to have in the w2k domain?
January 3, 2005 4:16:22 PM

The current role now is just a member server. It will have the same role in
the new W2K domain as a DNS server.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
news:o IfK2qV6EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

!