Upgrade from NT4>2000 and add existing DNS to current 2000..

I was wondering how to upgrade an NT4 machine running DNS to W2K. The issue
is that the NT4 server will join an existing domain (commen.net) which is
already running DNS integrated zones.
How do I 'add' the NT4 DNS 'zones' to the existing zones on W2K?
Should I do an inplace upgrade of 2000 or what?
I am confused with so much reading.

Thamks,
Jim
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade 2000 existing current 2000

    Paula wrote:
    > I was wondering how to upgrade an NT4 machine running DNS to W2K. The
    > issue is that the NT4 server will join an existing domain
    > (commen.net) which is already running DNS integrated zones.
    > How do I 'add' the NT4 DNS 'zones' to the existing zones on W2K?
    > Should I do an inplace upgrade of 2000 or what?
    > I am confused with so much reading.
    >
    > Thamks,
    > Jim

    What's the current role of this NT machine? Is it a PDC/BDC in another
    domain? What role is it to have in the w2k domain?

    The current role now is just a member server. It will have the same role in
    the new W2K domain as a DNS server.

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > Paula wrote:
    > > I was wondering how to upgrade an NT4 machine running DNS to W2K. The
    > > issue is that the NT4 server will join an existing domain
    > > (commen.net) which is already running DNS integrated zones.
    > > How do I 'add' the NT4 DNS 'zones' to the existing zones on W2K?
    > > Should I do an inplace upgrade of 2000 or what?
    > > I am confused with so much reading.
    > >
    > > Thamks,
    > > Jim
    >
    > What's the current role of this NT machine? Is it a PDC/BDC in another
    > domain? What role is it to have in the w2k domain?

Microsoft DNS Windows