Uninstall updates

October 20, 2004 4:31:10 PM

I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
control panel won't let me?

More about : uninstall updates

October 20, 2004 4:52:39 PM

You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.

"Lita" <Lita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
> Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
> Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
> control panel won't let me?
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 5:13:03 PM

"Jerry" wrote:

> You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.
>
> "Lita" <Lita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
> > Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
> > Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
> > control panel won't let me?

Instead of a System Restore, clean your computer. Download, install, update
and scan with Ad-aware. http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 7:18:02 PM

Restoring to a point before SP2 was installed without first uninstalling SP2
itself is NOT recommended.

Defragment your hard drive.
Remove any spyware.
--