Uninstall updates

I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
control panel won't let me?
3 answers Last reply
More about uninstall updates

    You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.
    >
    > "Lita" <Lita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
    > > Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
    > > Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
    > > control panel won't let me?

    Instead of a System Restore, clean your computer. Download, install, update
    and scan with Ad-aware. http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Restoring to a point before SP2 was installed without first uninstalling SP2
    itself is NOT recommended.

    Defragment your hard drive.
    Remove any spyware.
    --
    What's another word for synonym?

    > You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.
    >
    > "Lita" <Lita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
    >> Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
    >> Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
    >> control panel won't let me?

Control Panel Computers Microsoft Windows XP