Uninstall updates

I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
control panel won't let me?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.

"Jerry" wrote:

> You do a System Restore to a date/time before the updates were installed.
>
> "Lita" <Lita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did not install (SP2) but automatic updates installed (SP2) updates.
> > Computer very slow. I can not remove these updates in the control panel.
> > Computer barely moving. Please help. Question: How do I remove updates if
> > control panel won't let me?

Instead of a System Restore, clean your computer. Download, install, update
and scan with Ad-aware. http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Restoring to a point before SP2 was installed without first uninstalling SP2
itself is NOT recommended.

Defragment your hard drive.
Remove any spyware.
--