Any roll-back or revision control in DNS ?

Imagine I make IP addresses changes/updates in my Win2003 DNS servers.

Is there any "roll-back" feature to go back to the previous version in case
of problems ?

Consider the netsh command.
Not really a rollback feature, but a convenient way to switch between
different IP configurations.

"Marlon Brown" wrote:

> Imagine I make IP addresses changes/updates in my Win2003 DNS servers.
>
> Is there any "roll-back" feature to go back to the previous version in case
> of problems ?

Best way currently is to make backup of your zone before changing it. For
AD zones, there may be some way as it is a db. Not sure however.

--
William Stacey, MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Imagine I make IP addresses changes/updates in my Win2003 DNS servers.
>
> Is there any "roll-back" feature to go back to the previous version in
case
> of problems ?

Barry

could you quickly get to another dns server and bump the serial up a few
numbers? Or does this not affect it if its AD?

"William Stacey [MVP]" <staceywREMOVE@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Best way currently is to make backup of your zone before changing it. For
> AD zones, there may be some way as it is a db. Not sure however.
>
> --
> William Stacey, MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
> "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Imagine I make IP addresses changes/updates in my Win2003 DNS servers.
>>
>> Is there any "roll-back" feature to go back to the previous version in
> case
>> of problems ?

Not sure how bumping the serial would backup current records? Could you
expand. TIA