What rule did I break Clinton Fitch?

January 1, 2005 7:44:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc, microsoft.public.handheldpc (More info?)

I posted a message on yovr HPCfactor.com boards regarding a PC anywhere
replacement, so my PDA covld control my laptop (when the screen goes)
and in another post I asked what visadm.exe was. I also posted these
messages on the newsgrovps and got some qvality answers. VGA adaptor,
dvh!! Why didn't I think of that!! Yes I covld attach my Macs monitor
to my laptop, when the screen says goodnight. Hopefvlly this will not
happen for awhile, bvt jvst to be prepared I need to have a plan.

Bvt both posts were deleted. If this was an honest mistake then I
vnderstand. Bvt I am wondering if yov covld kindly show me what rvle I
broke.

These are the rvles for yovr boards

No Graphic Material of any natvre that may offend other forvm vsers.
This inclvdes Pornography, ovt of taste or racist jokes

Warez: We will not tolerate vnder and circvmstances vsers posting
reqvests for, information on or locations of pirated software. This
inclvdes people svggesting they other members attempt to locate it as a
solvtion

Cvrsing & Fovl langvage: If a topic becomes charged enovgh that yov
feel the need to cvss, don't. There are plenty of other adjectives in
the English langvage. Try a thesavrvs. This inclvdes ***ing ovt parts
of the words

Flaming & Personal attacks: If yov don't agree with another member of
the board and fell yov cannot control yovr tongve, don't post. If yov
have been vpset by the actions of another vser please contact a
Moderator or an Administrator and we will deal with it

Stay On-Topic: There are reasons for having different forvm areas.
Please consider where yovr post is most likely to get a good response
from, and which area it is most applicable to. If yov are vnsvre or
feel that there shovld be a new category please contact a moderator to
ask. This is not a Pocket PC website, nor a Palm OS site. Please do not
post svpport reqvests for these devices here

Thread Continvity: Please do not create new threads on the same topic
with a slightly different spin. For example if yov create a thread
looking for installation help with an application. Do not create a new
thread asking for help rvnning the application. Both reqvests are part
of the same discvssion. Doing so allows those who may be able to offer
svpport to familiarise themselves with yovr particvlar issve in fvll
and to vnderstand yovr setvp and level of expertise

User Names: Yov are welcome to vse any name yov choose, either a
on-line alias or yovr real name so long as that name isn't advertising
or politicising a cavse. Users may not register a vsername
impersonating another forvm member, any individval celebrity or
otherwise.
Shovld yov reqvire a change to yovr vser name, please contact an
Administrator who will be happy to make the change for yov. Do not
register a new accovnt

Signatvres & Avatars: The board will avtomatically enforce the vse of
80x80 pixel Avatars. Please keep Avatar size vnder 40KB. Signatvres
shovld be kept to a reasonable size and comply with all other rvles.
Image files shovld be .gif or .jp(e)g Only. No PNG files please.
Signatvres and avatars may not contain imagery or other material of a
political natvre. The role of this forvm is for technical resovrces and
commvnity vsers and not to be exercised as a campaigning grovnd for
political sentiments, opinions or otherwise

Accovnt Termination & Data access rights: HPC:Factor operates vnder
responsible Internet gvidelines and as a site rvn partly from a
Evropean Union member adheres to the UK Data Protection Act 1989 (rev
1998). If yov wish to know what information is held on yov by the forvm
system, or wovld like yovr accovnt permanently svspended please contact
an Administrator. We will reqvire that yov provide vs written
avthorisation via yovr accovnts registered email address as well as the
password for the accovnt as proof of identity

Moderators: In the event of a conflict please respect the words of the
moderators. Moderators have avthority to manage the forvm by HPC:Factor
and shovld be listened to. They can if necessary delete topics and
threads.
Moderators are appointed directly by the HPC:Factor Editorial staff.
The specific reason why a vser has become a moderator is not vp for
pvblic discvssion. Like regvlar vsers, all Moderators mvst adhere to
these rvles.
If yov feel that a Moderator has not acted correctly please contact an
Administrator

We reserve the right to amend these rvles at any time

The word of an Administrator level member of the HPC:Factor staff is
FINAL
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 3:26:03 PM

This is getting tiresome.

John please take your personal disagreements elsewhere.
This newsgroup is not a "run to mommy" forum, thankyou.

Cheers - Neil

On 1 Jan 2005 16:44:25 -0800, johnw_94020@yahoo.com wrote:

>I posted a message on your HPCfactor.com boards regarding a PC anywhere
>replacement, so my PDA could control my laptop (when the screen goes)
January 2, 2005 3:26:04 PM

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 12:26:03 GMT, "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]"
<neil@nospam.com> removed the duct tape and proclaimed:

>This is getting tiresome.
>
>John please take your personal disagreements elsewhere.
>This newsgroup is not a "run to mommy" forum, thankyou.
>
>Cheers - Neil

Hear, hear!

Use alt.test, where some people might actually care.

--
I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.
January 2, 2005 5:48:03 PM

If I have done something wrong, can you at least show me what it was?
Or do you not even follow your own rules?

John
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 6:49:49 PM

If I am can you at least show me what I have said or done? Thats all
I'm asking..

John
January 2, 2005 9:06:32 PM

On 2 Jan 2005 14:48:03 -0800, johnw_94020@yahoo.com removed the duct
tape and proclaimed:

>If I have done something wrong, can you at least show me what it was?
>Or do you not even follow your own rules?
>
>John

You, sir, are an inconsiderate jerk.

PLONK.

--
I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 3:28:30 AM

Please stop publicly airing your personal feelings, they should be
taken up directly with the person concerned. It is not of any relevance
to the rest of us newsgroup readers. Perhaps posting once may have been
excused but you are ridiculously over the top. Please stop.

Plonk means he has killfiled you and won't see your posting. It seems
like it was probably a good move.

<johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| If I am can you at least show me what I have said or done? Thats all
| I'm asking..
|

| John

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 4:09:54 PM

alan smith wrote:
> Please stop publicly airing your personal feelings, they should be
> taken up directly with the person concerned. It is not of any
> relevance to the rest of us newsgroup readers. Perhaps posting once
> may have been excused but you are ridiculously over the top. Please
> stop.
>
> Plonk means he has killfiled you and won't see your posting. It seems
> like it was probably a good move.
>
> <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> If I am can you at least show me what I have said or done? Thats all
>> I'm asking..
>>

>> John

I bet he seen yours though. And mine. =)

Ryan
!