Key board problen?

Windows XP, The internet console at the top of the key board has a button in
the middle with a symbol of a globe, for the past eighteen months when I push
the button it connects to AOL's home page as they are my ISP.
I have recently removed AOL via the add and remove program and reinstalled a
newer version AOL 9 by CD.
Now when I press the button the window that opens is HP invent: Welcome to
easy internet sign up!
How do I get things back to the way they were please?

In news:F53577BB-47C0-4A71-91E3-968160788056@microsoft.com,
Steve T <SteveT@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Windows XP, The internet console at the top of the key board
> has a
> button in the middle with a symbol of a globe, for the past
> eighteen
> months when I push the button it connects to AOL's home page as
> they
> are my ISP.
> I have recently removed AOL via the add and remove program and
> reinstalled a newer version AOL 9 by CD.
> Now when I press the button the window that opens is HP invent:
> Welcome to easy internet sign up!
> How do I get things back to the way they were please?

Extra buttons on your keyboard, like the one you're asking about,
are supplied by your system/keyboard supplier, and are not part
of Windows. There is normally a configuration program that comes
the system that lets you handle this. Check your documentation or
check with your vendor.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Steve T wrote:
> Windows XP, The internet console at the top of the key board has a button in
> the middle with a symbol of a globe, for the past eighteen months when I push
> the button it connects to AOL's home page as they are my ISP.
> I have recently removed AOL via the add and remove program and reinstalled a
> newer version AOL 9 by CD.
> Now when I press the button the window that opens is HP invent: Welcome to
> easy internet sign up!
> How do I get things back to the way they were please?

What brand of computer? Did the keyboard come with the computer?
Usually these keys are programmable see the manufacturers website or
the manual. Each brand is a little different.

gls858