howuncreative

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
hi, my e6400 at stock with the stock heatsink/fan idles at around 40 degrees, and at full load with orthos, is goes up to 55-57 degrees. it seems like everyone else has much lower temperatures than me. today i tried replacing the original thermal grease with arctic silver 5 but it stays pretty much the same. the cooler cant go down any lower, so im pretty sure the heatsink is in correctly. does anyone have the same problem as me? is it just reading the temperature wrong?

shinji3c

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
My Scythe MINECooler only gives me about 34-38 C idle. But CoreTemp gives me around 42-43 C idle. This is what I get after 3-4 attempts so I don't think it's gonna get better. Prolly a new fan or a new case fan.
Btw, This is good or no? I have CoolerMaster Centrium(spell?) Case
Thanks

howuncreative

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
My Scythe MINECooler only gives me about 34-38 C idle. But CoreTemp gives me around 42-43 C idle. This is what I get after 3-4 attempts so I don't think it's gonna get better. Prolly a new fan or a new case fan.
Btw, This is good or no? I have CoolerMaster Centrium(spell?) Case
Thanks
hm, i have pretty much the same temperatures as you...and i have the stock cooler. i guess this temperature is ok right now, but after overclocking it to only 2.6ghz, the temperature was in the 50s. argh! i thought these things were supposed to run cool.

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Actually your temps are in line with stock cooling.
The thermal design of the 6000 sequence is listed on the Intel site.
Water cooling is the ticket

randomizer

Champion
hm, i have pretty much the same temperatures as you...and i have the stock cooler. i guess this temperature is ok right now, but after overclocking it to only 2.6ghz, the temperature was in the 50s. argh! i thought these things were supposed to run cool.
Yea but what do you expect them to do if you overclock? Get cooler?