Is this mark crap for the time, or good, or in between?

• CRAP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GREAT!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I figured since I'm getting my new system soon i would actually try to benchmark this POS P2(actually just discovered its a celeron) 366mhz. Now the first part was finding a bechmark that would work on this crap. The best I can use is 3Dmark 99 max 8) Now i' not sure if anyone's ever used this for comparison, but this thing got overall 1601 marks, and a cpu mark of 3023. I'm not even sure if this is good or bad, but i'm almost certain its bad, even for the time, considering there were a few tests it couldn't support due to the lack of a 3d accerlerater card. :oops:

Anyway, if anyone remembers a test mark on this program post it, cuz i'm just curious to know how this crap stacks up against other crap. If you don't have it but want to try, its on the 3Dmark site and on filefront.

Link if you care!

I couldn't compare on-line because this hasn't been supported for a long time. :wink:

PS. I don't want any flames against me for posting something that might seem dumb :wink:

EDIT: When id di this the objects on the screen flashed like crazy and almost gave me a seisure :wink: . Is that suppose to happen?

silentcoercion

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
A month or so ago I got ahold of a Pentium MMX to play with for a bit. Only benchmark I tried was SuperPi, which naturally took a humourously long time to run. I just wasn't patient enough to try anything like ScienceMark (I can only imagine how long any of the benchmarks would take, so I didn't even check whether it was compatible before dismissing the idea), and most of the interesting ones weren't usuable. Bit disappointing, actually.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Well, I'm downloading the benchmark as I write; I honestly haven't tried the '99 version of 3Dmark. All I really know is that my Unreal Tournament framerate is limited by... Something, but it's more of a technical limitation (that is, it's more of like hitting a theoretical limit than a practical real-world performance barrier) and without vSync, I get around 500-800 fps in Morpheus.

For the times, I'm just going to guess that the benchmarks you get weren't that great; Celerons of old were even worse off, compared to their more expensive Pentium brethren, then they are today. I think I'll check this benchmark on a markedly newer machine; an AMD K6-III 500MHz, with 128MB PC100 SDR, and a Radeon 7000. (which was added at a later point)

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
not to be rude or anything, but why post such a pointless topic??

megame255

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
It's strange, just for fun I tried to install and run that AWESOME benchmark on both my amd 3800/7900gt system and my 1.3ghz celeron laptop/intel ex2 graphics. On both systems the install failed due to error, I dunno.......

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
It's strange, just for fun I tried to install and run that AWESOME benchmark on both my amd 3800/7900gt system and my 1.3ghz celeron laptop/intel ex2 graphics. On both systems the install failed due to error, I dunno.......

LOL, i tried the video2000 bench from 3Dmark and it failed with a runtime error lol.

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
And the funny thing is that yet you think that you still reply. Does that make sense? Not to be rude or anything of course. On the topic now. I ran 3DMark 99max on an old Athlon 600 slot A pc with an 8mb TNT Vanta. I cant remember what I got but it gave me a laugh seeing the graphics.